Chapter 50 | Through Hell And Back

*second person p.o.v.*

A hashira's duty consisted of protecting their assigned regions, gathering information on demons, and improving their own swordsmanship.

But when Nezuko conquered the sun, the demons had stopped appearing. Because of that, the only thing the hashira had to worry about was night patrol and day training.

Hashira training was nothing but hellish for the lower ranked slayers.

Uzui handled stamina training, Mitsuri was in charge of flexibility training, you were handling the agility and honing your reflexes training (which was almost similar to Muichiro's), Muichiro dealt with the quick movement training, Obanai went over sword skill revision, Sanemi handled the infinite pounding training, and Gyomei trained muscle reinforcement.

The hashira training that you took care of took place in your own residence. It was given to you not long after the hashira meeting, and it was quite far from the butterfly mansion.

It was fairly simple, and you decorated the inside to be homey and comfortable. There was a large lake with lily pads and lotus flowers just by the front of the building.

There was a bridge that stretched across the water. To get to your residence, they had to cross it, and people usually made sure to enjoy the scenery.

There were also a variety of animals that resided in the pond, especially koi fish and frogs. Sometimes, you could spot ducks.

Another thing they could see when walking across the bridge was that when the sun set, they could clearly see it to the right side of them. It would reflect off the water and paint the sky with the prettiest colours.

When the trainees visited, the sun was always shining and clear. It didn't rain around your residence, not many clouds hid the sun, and no trees or mountains covered it.

This gave your home the nickname 'The Sun Estate.' The weather was always perfect and the temperature was at a good level for training all day. Except when night falls, it becomes chilly.

The trainees slept in the rooms provided in your residence, and boy did they love it. You cooked food for everyone (with the help of Asahi, the kakushi that accompanied you the day you first met the hashira).

The trainees also loved how you decorated and organized everything. It was clean, and very refreshing. It was comforting, and it reminded them of their own homes or their most cherished places.

It was tranquil. It was bright.

Word went around about your residence and how it was the nicest and calmest place ever. Trainees worked harder just so they could quickly move on and meet you, the newest hashira.

You noted that they enjoyed relaxing by the pond. You made them meditate there during breaks, or while they ate their meals by the water in exchange for harsh training.

Tanjiro had also made sure to visit often and slept over as well, even when he was supposed to be recovering in the butterfly mansion. But you did take care of him and made sure he took his medicine.

A few days ago, he had left to start his own training. You were waiting for the day he would come to your training and show you his abilities.

"You guys look like shit..." You muttered to the group of demon slayers in front of you who had came from Mitsuri's training. But they had a day of travelling to your residence, which counted as a break.

So why did they look so shitty and worn out still? You shook your head.

You had to pinch yourself since you swore again. You promised yourself that you were going to try and watch your language, but it seemed like Sanemi rubbed off on you.