Chapter 25 | Wake Up

*second person p.o.v.*

"What the hell are you talking about?" Tanjiro asked with wide eyes. "From today onward, that older sister of yours shall become my older sister. That little sister of yours shall become my little sister." Rui explained.

"You didn't think i'd actually argree to that, right? Y/n or Nezuko aren't some kind of items you can freely trade around. They're a living being with their own will. They will never become your sisters!" Tanjiro said.

"It's fine, you don't need to worry. I will turn that older sister of yours into a demon, and i'll forge a bond between us. I'm stronger than them both. I will forge a bond with terror. I'll teach them what happens if they defy me." Rui nonchalantly said.

You started shaking with fear. You didn't want to become a demon. What Rui wanted was to create a bond through fear and abuse. Tanjiro grabbed your hand and squeezed it in his reassuringly.

"I've had enough of this crazy talk! Using terror to shackle someone hand and foot is not what a true family bond is like! You will never get that desire if you don't fix up that misunderstanding!" Tanjiro shouted with anger, pointing his broken sword at Rui.

"You irritate me. Could you not raise your voice, please? We just can't see eye to eye, can we?" Rui said. Tanjiro got up and dropped the box. "Tanjiro-" Tanjiro cut you off. "Stay here with Nezuko." Tanjiro ordered.

He walked away before you could say something, so you grabbed Nezuko and held her close. "I will never hand over Y/n or Nezuko over to the likes of you!" Tanjiro spat. "That's fine, i suppose. I'll just kill you then." Rui said. "Not if i take your head first!" Tanjiro argued.

"That's the spirit! I'd love to see you try. Let's see if you can even lay a scratch on one of the twelve kizuki." Rui moved his hair to reveal his eye. Ignoring their conversation, you hugged Nezuko close to you.

She grunted questioningly and looked up at you. "Everything will be all right." You soothed.

You suddenly felt something pull you and Nezuko apart, and next thing you knew, Nezuko was in Rui's arms, and you were right beside him.

"Y/n! Nezuko!" Tanjiro shouted. He got ahold of you and Nezuko and kept you in place, using spider webs for you.

"All right, they're in my custody now. Have you finally realized what your role is?" Rui said.

"Let them go!" Tanjiro bolted forward, and you and Nezuko struggled in Rui's grip. "Had you only done as you were told, i would have spared your life." Rui said. Nezuko sharpened her nails and scratched across Rui's face, while you kicked Rui back.

Before you and Nezuko could run away, he grabbed onto your haoris. He threw spider webs at Tanjiro, and before you knew it, you and Nezuko were hanging from the air in spider webs.

Blood spilt from your wounds and down onto Tanjiro who looked up with a gasp. Your mask fell in front of Tanjiro, covered in blood. "Y/n! Nezuko!" Tanjiro cried.

You whimpered in pain, feeling the spider webs dig into your skin each time you moved. "Cease the hollering. She's a demon. A scratch like that won't kill her." Rui said.

"Y/n's a human! You'll kill her!" Tanjiro yelled. "Don't worry. The threads aren't going to cut her too deep. And besides, she'll become a demon after i kill you. But they need to learn their lesson, so i'm going to let them bleed for a while." Rui replied.

You saw Nezuko try and move to help you, but she could barely move. "No, Nezuko. Don't move. I'm all right, your big sister is all right." You reassured. She grunted again. "Stop moving." You gave Nezuko a small smile.

"Let them go!" Tanjiro shouted. You couldn't see what was going on, since you were mostly facing upwards. While Tanjiro fought, you used breathing techniques to try and keep your wounds from overflowing with blood. You heard Tanjiro from below get thrown into the ground.

"Tanjiro! Please, be careful!" You shouted. Nezuko moved and wiggled, crying out as she was forced to watch Tanjiro get beat up. "Tanjir-" You were cut off as you felt the spider webs around you and Nezuko tighten and cut deeper into your skin.

Thing was, the spider webs around Nezuko cut deeper than yours. You and Nezuko cried out in pain as blood poured out from your wounds. "Stop that!" Tanjiro shouted. "I'm your brother now. Enough of that infernal wailing." You closed your eyes and squeezed them shut, feeling your head spin.

Your body then relaxed, showing that you had passed out. Nezuko cried out and kept on trying to get to you, but it was no use, Nezuko was also getting tired from the blood loss, and soon she passed out along with you.

"Big sis, wake up! Our brother's in trouble!"

"Come on, you can do it! Get up!"

"Please, Y/n. Wake up."

Your eyes shot open and you felt the threads binding you melt. Once they all melted, you landed on the ground, instantly seeing Tanjiro try and cut Rui's head. You disappeared and reappeared beside Tanjiro, using your hands to help and cut Rui's head.

"Y/n!" Tanjiro said relieved. "Come on, Tanjiro! We'll do this together!" You said. Tanjiro looked back to Rui.

"No one will ever sever the bond between us!" Tanjiro shouted. Finally, Rui's head was cut off. The fire around you disappeared, and Rui's head and body fell to the ground with a thud.

Both of you feeling weak, you both fell on the ground. You heard Nezuko's body fall to the ground too, with a loud thud. "Nezuko!" Tanjiro choked out. He then looked down. "I... i won. I won, Y/n!" Tanjiro laughed and looked at you giddily.

You put your hand on his head. "Yes, Tanjiro. You won. You did it." You both got up, using eachother for support. Tanjiro suddenly grabbed his chest and fell on you. You tried your best to stand and keep Tanjiro up with you. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" You asked with concern. "I-i'm fine. Come on." Tanjiro brushed it off.

While trying to walk to Nezuko, you and Tanjiro stopped. "But we cut off his head!" Tanjiro cried as confusion painted your face.

"You thought you defeated me? Poor kids. Did your pathetic delusion bring you joy? I used my own threads to decapitate myself before you both could. I've had enough. I'll kill you both and your sister. It's been a long time since i've been this pissed." As Rui spoke, you and Tanjiro tried walking to Nezuko.

Every time you took a step, you felt blood gush out of your wounds.

"Why didn't you go up in flames? Only me and my webs caught fire. I don't know if it was your sister's power, but i thank you for making me so angry. Now i can carve you up without regret." Rui said. Before you could move Tanjiro out of the way, a red circle formed around you.

You went to grab your sword, but the red threads closed around you both. As you both watched in horror, something cut through the red threads. "You guys did a good job holding out until i got here. Leave the rest to me." You turned around to see Giyuu standing there.

___________________________________________________

(1259 words)