Chapter 34 | Dream

TW: CONTAINS SUICIDE/SELF HARM

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS TOPIC! VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

*second person p.o.v.*

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." You whispered repeatedly. "Sorry for what?" Hanako asked. "Why are you crying, big sis? Come on, let's go inside!" They both pulled you up and ran to the house.

"Oh my, you must be exhausted." Your mother said after Hanako and Shigeru explained what happened earlier.

"It's not such a big deal, all right? I'm fine." You reassured. Your mother put her hands to your cheeks.

"You don't have a fever, do you? Take it easy and get some rest today, okay?" You leaned into her touch and smiled. "I'm all right." You said.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "Hey! You come back here!" Hanako said. Shigeru grabbed a blanket and covered you in it. "Gotcha!" Shigeru exclaimed.

"What do you think you're doing? Hey! You stop that right now!" Hanako scolded.

You saw your mother smile, and couldn't help but do the same. "I just had a bad dream. It's all fine now." You muttered.

Time went by as you fell deeper into your dream, drifting farther away from reality.

"Hey, where's Nezuko and Tanjiro?" You asked. "Nezuko and Tanjiro are up the mountain picking up vegetables." Hanako explained. "Nezuko? Out in broad daylight?" You queried.

"Is she not supposed to...?" Hanako suspiciously asked. "Y/n, could you ready the bath? This will take a while." Your mother said, gesturing to all the vegetables around her. "Of course." You smiled.

You grabbed two buckets and began walking to a river, lost in thought. "I keep saying weird things. Maybe i'm tired?" You muttered to yourself.

You suddenly saw Nezuko's box out of the corner of your eye. You stopped, then turned to it only to see it was gone.

Brushing it off, you went over to the deck there and bent down, but as soon as you dunked the bucket down in the water, you swear you saw your reflection yell.

"Wake up!" Your eyes widened. Your reflection shouted again. "Wake up!" You fell into the water, losing balance.

She pulled on your haori. "Wake up! You're under attack! It's a dream! This is a dream! Wake up now!" She cupped your face as she lightly shook you.

That's right. You were on board the Mugen train. "Wake up and fight! Fight!" Confusion swept across your face. "Fight!" She repeated.

You both were suddenly pushed apart by some force, and you were back on the deck. You gasped for air, breathing heavily and feeling your head spin.

...

You sat in front of your food, staring at it blankly. "Big sis, give me your pickled radishes!" Takeo demanded.

"No, you don't! Stop it right now! Why are you always taking away food from big sis?" Hanako argued. "What's your problem?" Takeo shot back.

"You just had seconds!" Hanako and Takeo both stood up, as you were still lost in thought.

Suddenly, pink fire surrounded you. "Big sis!" Hanako exclaimed. You smelt Nezuko's scent coming from the pink fire.

You could smell her blood, her scent was all over. You stood up, the pink fire still surrounding you.