Chapter 51 | My Apologies

*second person p.o.v.*

After several days, you heard that Tanjiro had gotten in a fight with Sanemi during that timespan.

You hoped he was alright since Sanemi was very violent and aggressive. Just thinking about him trying to hurt your brother made you shake in anger.

You sat on the ground with rice in your hands and seaweed to the side as you made onigiri rice balls.

You had already finished making ohagi, since you heard that Sanemi liked it. You were only being considerate because you didn't want to cause any further issues. Plus, you were going to step foot on his residence.

"Here, eat up, but not too much that you'll throw up." You smiled as you handed the boy the food. During your breaks, you provided your trainees with meals prepped by you.

"Thank you, Lady Kamado!" They all said, smiling with rice balls shoved in their mouths.

There were only just a few left in your training class, and the rest had either moved on or quit.

Luckily, only two had quit from your class. You tried to steer your trainees away from that mindset, and it worked most of the time.

You giggled and nodded. "I'll be back in a bit. Make sure to be prepared once i come back." During some of these breaks, you'd go visit a different hashira every day with food you had made.

Most of the time, when the training ended early, you'd train with each hashira to enhance your own abilities and to learn how to move with them.

The hardest person to spar with was definitely Gyomei. He was the strongest hashira out of all, and to keep up with him was quite a workout.

It was no wonder that when the Master wasn't there, Gyomei took action as the 'leader'. You had nothing against it either. You had nothing against his ways of training you as well.

And although Gyomei was training you and keeping watch on a few other trainees, he did everything with you at your pace.

In all honesty, he was surprised at how fast you completed his training.

It only took you a couple hours to pass the first step, which was to sit under a waterfall. You were topless the whole time, and kept your hands together as you chanted.

You were unusually calm, but Gyomei could definitely see the veins bulge from all of the muscles on your body.

He was also quite surprised to see how well built you were, despite your weight and mobility.

The next step was to lift logs, which were very large and heavy. But as expected, you passed that very fast as well.

The final step was to push a boulder in the distance of a town. That one had taken you much longer.

After the first two steps, the sun was high up in the sky. By the time you finished the last step, it was pitch black, and only the moon brightened the sky.

Gyomei had taught you 'repetitive actions'. It was to raise your focus at any given moment using painful memories or strong emotions.

"Remember the things that have caused you pain. You told me that your family was killed, so use that anger and force it into that boulder. All of your pain filled memories, all of your sadness, all of your fear." He said.

Once you had gotten the hang of it, your body became hot and your heart temperature increased. The mark appeared, and you were able to push through it and complete his training.