Chapter 49 | The Sun Hashira

Manga spoilers from here on out. Read the manga to understand what I'm writing abt.

*second person p.o.v.*

Apparently the swordsmith village had to be moved somewhere else since the demons knew where they lived. To keep them safe, they had to find another village to make into their home.

"I see." You nodded. It had been a couple weeks since you woke up, and you've been healing at an alarming rate.

The only thing left to heal was your left arm, which was still a little weak from being nearly crushed.

Fortunately, you only received a sprain and was able to move it around in no time. All that was left was to train with no breaks.

"You've been training non stop ever since your arm healed. You should take a break." Your crow, Sanzo, said.

"There's really no need to worry. I must train until my arm is able to move and work without any weakness." You were currently doing pullups outside and have been since the early morning. You did this for a few hours on end with no break and without breaking a sweat.

"Before i forget, Lord Ubuyashiki and Lady Ubuyashiki has asked for information on the mark you attain when fighting in battle. Anything will help." You pulled yourself up once again and sat on the bar you were using.

"The mark? Well... My heart rate goes up very rapidly and my body temperature increases by a lot. I remember i had a fever when i fought Gyutaro and Daki. The fever helps with my hinokami kagura and i can feel my movements increase in pace and i feel like i can do anything. The mark improves my skills and pushes me to my limit." You explained while staring into the sky.

Your crow nodded. "Also, I have something for you." You reached into your pocket and what was in your palm was a little haori made out of a very small portion Kyojuro's own haori.

You kept the much large piece of fabric in your pocket at all times as good luck in your battles. "Here, please put it on." You said.

The crow turned around and let you adjust the fabric onto its small body.

"I really thank you for gifting me such valuables. I'll be sure to keep it safe. Take care and watch yourself. And, you are asked to attend today's hashira meeting. Do not be late." Sanzo nuzzled into your hand before flying away to tell the Master the news.

You didn't think much of Sanzo's last sentence, thinking it must've been about the mark. You weren't entirely sure.

"YOU!" You jumped and turned to see Haganezuka with your sword. He was panting a little as he walked closer to you.

Jumping down, you landed in front of him and greeted him with a smile. "Are you feeling better now?" You asked. Instead of replying, he stuck out his arm with the sword and waited for you to unsheathe it.

"Take it out." He demanded. You observed the handle and then pulled out the sword. The hilt was the exact same as yours, a design of gold water.

To better explain it, it looked like melted gold frozen in a sculpture that looked like water. The handle had the same fabric and still had the bell.

"You kept the bell?" Your eyes lit up as you touched the cold metal. "Just look at the sword..." He grumbled.

"Alright, alright." You giggled, moving your gaze along the sword, and your eyes widened when you noticed the word engraved on your sword.

"Why is this on my sword? This is only for hashira's." Your brows furrowed as you touched the characters on your sword.

"DEMON DESTROYER' was only found on the blades of the ones who had the rank of hashira. Did that mean-?