Chapter 54 | Save Your Tears

*second person p.o.v.*

"Come on...!" A pair of arms grabbed onto you tightly, and by the time you landed, you tumbled over rocks and looked to see who saved you.

"Giyuu..!" You got up and went over to him, moving wood and concrete pieces off of him.

"Your eye..." Giyuu muttered. "Don't worry, i can still navigate with my smell." Then you remembered your mask and reached down, only to feel it missing.

Your brow furrowed as you looked around. "What's wrong?" Giyuu queried.

"My mask. It's gone." You began to panic and look around frantically, digging around to search for your mask.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. Let me look for it. Bandage your wound, then we have to find Muzan." Giyuu said, gesturing to your shoulder.

You slowly nodded, and with shaky hands, you took out all of the medical supplies you had left. You wrapped a bandage around tightly, stopping the bleeding for now.

"Here. It got damaged but it's still in one piece." The mask Giyuu handed back had a shallow scratch across both of its eyes.

Quickly, you attached it to your hip and began to sniff the air. Your head snapped in one direction, a strong scent of Muzan coming from that way.

"There. He's is in that direction." Your finger pointed, showing Giyuu. He nodded firmly.

"One and a half hours! One and a half hours until dawn!" You sucked in a sharp breath. It's going to take a long time until this battle will end.

Just then, the pile of debris and rubble you pointed to earlier shook, and Muzan's whips of flesh cleared an open space for him.

All hashira present bolted forward, running at Muzan with your swords unsheathed.

"Oh, so you plan on keeping me here until dawn, huh? Well, go on right ahead, if you can!!" 9 smaller whips were sprouting off of Muzan's back, and his arms were bigger whips of flesh.

Once you dodged and got closer to Muzan, you leaped in the air, swinging your sword above you.

'Hinokami kagura, twelfth form, flame dance.'

You had to twist your body to dodge the whips that were flying everywhere.

As you were able to use your attack to cut Muzan, it seemed like it didn't even affect him.

Obanai had also done the same, lodging his sword into Muzan's neck only for him to get pushed back because his regeneration was instant.

"Ehhh?! We cut him, but he's not getting cut?!" Mitsuri exclaimed. This caused everyone to falter, and Muzan was about to kill the four of you because of the distance.

Before he could slice you in half, two demon slayer bodies grabbed you and pushed you out of harms way, getting killed themselves.

"No!" You gripped the swordsman holding onto you, noticing him as the buzzcut trainee.

"You got this, Lady Kamado." A soft smile graced his face during his last moments.

"Gooo!! Charge! Get in front of them! Use your bodies as a wall to protect the hashira's!! At the very least, we'll protect the swordsmen who can stand against Muzan!" Takeuchi, another demon slayer shouted.

You were pushed away from Muzan's moving limbs as more and more demon slayers went in your stead, running into their imminent death.

"We were saved by the hashira's so many times up to now! If it wasn't for them, we would've died a long time ago! Don't lose courage! Fight!!" You looked around in distraught, your breath catching in your throat.