Chapter 26 | Hashira

*second person p.o.v.*

As Giyuu walked past Rui, in an instant Rui's head was cut off with ease. Paying no mind to it any longer, you turned back around and continued limping over to Nezuko. Finally making it to Nezuko, you both dropped to the ground and hugged eachother.

You heard a thud from beside you to see Rui's body laying there, weakly moving his hand towards you. A scent of grief came from the demon's decaying body. Feeling sad, you put your hand on his back, feeling Tanjiro do the same.

Finally, Rui had disappeared fully. You saw a foot step on Rui's clothes, and stop in front of you. "Don't waste your sympathy on a demon that has devoured humans. It doesn't matter if it looks like a child. It's still a hideous monster that's lived for decades." Giyuu said.

"To avenge the people that were killed, to make sure there are no more victims, i'll bring my blade down on any demon's neck without mercy. But for those whom being a demon meant despair, those who regretted their actions, i will never trample over them. Because even demons used to be humans at some point. They were once humans like you and i. So please, step off of him." Your hand scrunched the fabric tightly.

"They're not hideous monsters at all! Demons are hopeless creatures! They're tragic creatures!" Tanjiro said. As Giyuu listened, he glanced at Nezuko and took a closer look at your face. Realization set in, and he remembered you three from two years ago.

"You guys...." As Giyuu recalled the time when he first met you guys, he had to take out his sword when he spotted his teammate. You hugged Tanjiro and Nezuko close to you and ducked down as Giyuu put his leg over you and blocked the butterfly hashira's attack.

Giyuu kept his hand on your shoulder and turned back around to face Shinobu.

"Oh my? For whatever reason could you be getting in my way, Tomioka? Weren't you the one who told me man and demon could never become friends? How should i put this? This is exactly why nobody likes you, y'know?" What Shinobu said made you put a hand to your mouth to keep you from laughing.

Tanjiro glanced at you. "Sorry, sorry." You waved it off. "Now, now, Tomioka, please move out of the way." Shinobu said.

"I'm not... i'm not disliked by people." Giyuu said. "Ah, i apologize. You have yet to realize what people think of you, huh? That was uncalled for. Please forgive me." Shinobu apologized.

"Miss?" Shinobu said to you. "Yes?" You asked. "You and that little boy there are protecting a demon. I don't want to hurt either of you, so please get out of the way." You sat up with Tanjiro and Nezuko. "You're mistaken. Well, you're not, but she's our little sister." She gasped and put a hand to her mouth.

"Is that right? You poor things. In that case, i shall use a gentle toxin to kill her, so she won't suffer, all right?" Shinobu smiled as if there was nothing wrong. "Can you both move?" Giyuu asked. "No, i can't. Tanjiro, can you?" You looked at your little brother for an answer.

"Not really...." Tanjiro said slowly. "Try, then. Take your little sister and make a run for it. I'll protect your older sister." Giyuu simply replied. "Tomioka.... sorry for the trouble!" Tanjiro said. "Go on, Tanjiro." You pat Tanjiro's shoulder. "I'll come back for you, Y/n!" Tanjiro yelled, already running away.

As Giyuu and Shinobu fought with their swords, you got up with a hand over your stomach, limping over to your mask. You sat down on the ground in front of a tree, leaning on it while wiping the blood off your mask.

You saw Shinobu jump and land on a tree branch, heading off to find Tanjiro. Giyuu turned to you. "Stay here, you're wounded. I'm going after her. I'll come back." He said, his expression blank. "I had no intention of moving." You smiled. Giyuu nodded and went after Shinobu.