Chapter 27 | The Master

*second person p.o.v.*

"Exactly what kinda stunt are you trying to pull here?" Sanemi asked. "Please put the box down, Master Shinaguzawa!" The woman kakushi pleaded. Shinobu, who was still in front of you and Tanjiro, stood up and faced Sanemi. 

"Shinaguzawa, please don't act out of line." Shinobu ordered calmly. "What did you say about that demon, kid? That she can fight as a demon slayer to protect humans? You know what we call that?" Sanemi put his hand on his blade.

"A total delusion, you morons!" Sanemi took out his sword and stabbed it through the box. The sword went in clean and emerged with blood. You heard Nezuko grunt from pain inside the box. 

You reacted faster than Tanjiro and ran to Sanemi, stopping in front of him and getting into stance. The moment your eyes locked with his, only one thought was left with the wind hashira; 'how is she so fast'?!. You saw his eyes widen ever so slightly, with surprise written on his face. But that look vanished as soon as it was seen.

"Hashira or not, i won't let anyone that hurts my younger siblings get away with it! I'm warning you!" Sanemi laughed and took out his sword, another painful grunt heard from Nezuko. "That so? Good for you." Sanemi spun his sword and slashed it to get rid of the blood.

"Y/n?!" Tanjiro shouted from shock. "Fine. If that's what you want, so be it." You began to run at Sanemi again. "Stop it! The Master will be arriving soon!" Giyuu interrupted, but you didn't stop. Sanemi slashed his sword at you so you ducked, and he swung again. 

You jumped up this time and slammed your head down on his. Sanemi had got a nosebleed and fell, the box falling with him. You landed on your feet and stared down at Sanemi with a blank face. "I warned you." Your voice held no emotion, matching the look on your face.

Tanjiro ran over and stood protectively in front of the box. "Damn you, bitch!" Sanemi spat. "If you can't tell the difference between a good demon and a bad demon, you should quit being a hashira!" Tanjiro said. "You little...." Sanemi looked like he was about to attack Tanjiro, so you stepped in front of him. 

"If you want to fight, you may fight me. Leave my little brother out of this." You sent him a glare just as sharp as his, making him grunt in annoyance. "I'll destroy you!" Sanemi stood and took his sword, putting it by your neck. You didn't flinch, nor did you budge or blink. It was like you were asking him to kill you.

"The Master has arrived." Two sudden voices said in sync. You looked at the person called Master out of the corner of your eye, seeing a man with short, black hair walk through the screen door. "So good of you to come, my beloved children." From him and his voice alone made you relax instantly. 

"Good morning, my children. The weather is splendid today. I wonder if the sky is blue. It pleases me that we've made it to our biannual hashira meeting with no personnel changes." The man seemed to be blind since he visibly had a disease that covered part of his face.

Since you were distracted, you couldn't react fast enough to Sanemi's movements. In a second, your head was pushed to the ground as you were forced to bow. You then noticed all of the hashira also bowing down, paying their respects. 

"I am pleased to see you in good health as well, Master. I fervently pray for your continued good fortune." Sanemi's voice changed into a calmer one, and you could tell he held respect for the Master. Sanemi's words were also much more formal than before. "Thank you, Sanemi." The Master commended.