Chapter 55 | Nearing Dawn

*second person p.o.v.*

It was silent for a moment. A kakushi nearby was away from the battle, and listening to you all fight. But it went quiet, and when he turned to see what had happened, he gasped.

With one large attack, everyone was sent flying into the buildings.

Even though some could see Muzan transparently, and even though everyone was relentlessly attacking him, all it took was one move to weaken everyone.

Gyomei had lost part of his leg, Sanemi was launched high up, Giyuu lost his arm, and everyone else was gravely injured.

By the time you were slowly starting to wake up, and your eyes had opened, you noticed that you no longer could see.

Your vision was taken from you.

You couldn't panic now, though. You had to get up, but your body ached and you couldn't move.

Now, you had to rely on your other four senses. Now you were forced to focus on everything you couldn't see.

Set your heart ablaze. Don't give up.

You repeated these words in your head as you tried to get up. But suddenly, your right eye, began to unblur itself.

Your hands rested against the ground to push you up, but instead, you touched something else.

It was paper, and it was folded. You opened the letter and held it just a couple centimeters from your right eye, skimming over the words written on the paper.

There was a thirteenth form to hinokami kagura. It was a combination of all forms put together in order from first to last.

You tried to look at your surroundings, but you couldn't see anything unless it was brightly coloured or lit up.

Everything else was immensely blurry. Since it was still dark out, it didn't seem to help your vision, so you were completely blind and helpless.

No.

You weren't helpless. If Gyomei could fight as such a skilled level while blind, you could too.

Suddenly, you had caught scent of Tanjiro. He was nearby and... alive. He was battling Muzan, even with his one eye mutated.

As soon as you planted your feet on the ground, you had almost fallen again. It felt like weights were pulling you to the ground, and fatigue had caught up to you.

"My sword.. where's my sword?" You muttered, kneeling again to pat your hands in search for a blade.

"Fifty minutes until dawn!" You heard in the distance, and your heart beat quickened.

You needed to find your sword, and fast. Everyone else was in worse shape, so you had to get up. Get up!

"Lady Kamado!" Asahi ran over. "I need my sword. Help me find my sword. I have to go fight, I need to." Your voice was firm, full of resolve.

"Your wounds have to be treated first!" The kakushi pulled out bandages and a syringe full of medicine, inserting the needle into your body before you could protest.

"Drink some water and slow your breathing." He handed you a bottle of water, watching how you grabbed it with reluctance.

Then he noticed your eyes. "You.. you can't see, can you?" You shook your head and finished the rest of the water.