Chapter 13 | Two Favors

*second person p.o.v.*

"Please tell us how." Tanjiro sat up right. 

"No matter the wound or ailment, there is always a cure or treatment somewhere. At this time, i am unable to turn a demon back into a human, but surely, one day..... nevertheless, we are dedicated to establishing such a method of treatment. Towards that end, i'd like to ask you both to do something for me. To produce such an elixir, it is necessary to study the blood of numerous demons. I have two favors to ask of you two." She explained.

"One, permission to study your sister's blood. Two, to retrieve as many blood samples from demons with high concentration of Muzan Kibutsuji's blood as you can. Nezuko's current condition is extremely rare and unique. I understand that she was asleep for two years straight, and i believe that her body underwent changes during that time. Normally, any demon who went that long without consuming the flesh or blood of a human or beast would unquestionably go berserk." Tamayo looked over at Nezuko.

"And yet, surprisingly, Nezuko shows none of those signs. This miracle will be the key to finding a solution." You and Tanjiro put a hand to Nezuko's forehead affectionately. Nezuko closed her eyes and held both of your hands from either side, humming in delight. "The second request will be a harsh one to fulfill. A demon with a high concentration of Muzan Kibutsuji's blood means a demon closer in strength to Muzan himself. It won't be easy to extract blood from such demons. Are you both willing to go along with my requests?" You and Tanjiro looked at Nezuko, and then at eachother. 

You both nodded and turned to Tamayo. "If there's no other way, we'll do it. If it means you're going to research all these demons' blood and create this medicine... if that happens, it won't just be Nezuko. Lots of other people will be saved, too, right?" Tanjiro and you smiled at Tamayo.

She looked taken aback for a second, before smiling. "That's right." Tanjiro blushed, and Yushiro shot Tanjiro a glare. You turned your head to Yushiro, who in return, glared just as hard. That's when you smelt something. A new scent. And Yushiro sensed something, too. "Get down!" You shout, getting atop of Tanjiro and Nezuko as Yushiro covered Tamayo. 

A Temari ball bounced off the walls and hit the light, breaking it and darkening the room. There was now a hole in the wall, and there stood two demons. A girl, and a boy. The girl threw her Temari balls back. "Y/n? What happened?" Your hands were covering Tanjiro's eyes, you just noticed. You uncovered his eyes. "Stay calm, Tanjiro. Everything will be all right." You said nonchalantly.

Tamayo overheard your conversation and admired how well you handled the situation. You stayed calm, and still managed to protect your siblings, something which she respected. The balls bounced around the walls again, damaging the place even further. You covered Tanjiro's head again protectively, making sure none of them could get harmed. 

One of the Temari balls dodged Yushiro and took of his head. "Yushiro!" You and Tanjiro shouted. You let go of Tanjiro and took out your sword, turning to Nezuko. "Nezuko, take the lady sleeping in the back somewhere safe outside. Me and Tanjiro can handle this." You ordered. "It's too dangerous outside! We have a basement, so take here there!" Tamayo said. "Understood!" Tanjiro replied.

"Nezuko!" You said. She ran off and out of the room, going to do as ordered. The Temari balls bounced back to her, which she caught easily. The demon bounced it up and down like basketballs, the Temari balls ringing each time it hit the ground. "The two demon slayers. One with hanafuda earrings, and one with a mask. That'd be you two, huh? I wasn't told there were four. I guess you hid your footprints, one with a mask!" The girl with the Temari balls said. '

So we're the targets?' you thought. "Miss Tamayo. Please find a safe place to hide. Me and Tanjiro are the ones they're after. It'd be best if you weren't involved." You said. "Y/n, Tanjiro, please don't worry about me. We'll be fine without your protection. We're demons, after all." Tamayo dismissed.

"All right. It's over for you two now!" The Temari balls were thrown again. Before they hit you and Tanjiro, you both raised your swords. 'Total concentration. Water breathing. Seventh form, droplet ripple thrust-curve.' You stabbed the ball, rippled of water forming around it. 

The ball shook, and before it hit you, you used your hand to block it before it got off yours and Tanjiro's swords. You looked over and saw Yushiro's head grow back slowly. Only his mouth grew back before he spoke again.

"Lady Tamayo! Didn't i tell you? We shouldn't get involved with these demon hunters! I told you from the start! My masking technique is still a work in progress! I know you're well aware of that yourself! I may be able to conceal the presence of buildings and people, and even their scent, but it's not like i can hide their very existence!" Tamayo looked down with her eyes closed.

"The greater our numbers, the more traces we'll leave, which increases the odds of Muzan Kibutsuji discovering us!" Yushiro stated. His head soon grew back. "Anyone who ruins the time i spend alone with you... i despise such people! I despise them with all my heart! It's unforgivable!" Yushiro yelled. The girl demon laughed. "Hey, he's just blabbering away! This is fun! I'm having so much fun!" He girl demon took off the top part of her kimono, revealing her upper body.

"You should feel honored to be killed by me, one of the twelve kizuki!" She smiled like a maniac. 'Twelve kizuki?' You thought. "They serve directly under Muzan Kibutsuji!" Tamayo informed. The girl demon laughed, and then four more arms grew underneath her main arms, four more Temari balls apearing with it. "Now then, let's keep on playing! Until the break of dawn! Until it's your time to go!" She threw all six Temari balls into the house.

___________________________________________________

(1035 words)