Chapter 22 | Puppets And Spiders

*second person p.o.v.*

After trying to plan something out, you suddenly heard something. "Don't disturb my family's peaceful life." The demon said. The demon was standing on threads from above, looking as if he were floating. "Mother will kill you all right away." The demon says. 

"Mother?" You questioned. Inosuke ran and used one of the controlled slayers as a boost, and jumped off him, slashing his sword to try and slice the threads only to miss. The demon started to walk away with an emotionless expression.

"Damn you! Where the hell do you think you're going?! Fight me! Fight-" Inosuke was cut off from hitting the ground. "Inosuke!" Tanjiro cried out. "Why did he show up anyway?" Inosuke asked. "That kid probably isn't the demon pulling the threads. First, let's...." You paused, using your sword to stop an attack. 

"Okay, okay, okay! I hear you, all right? You just need me to find where that demon's at, right? Shut up already, witch!" Inosuke stabbed his swords into the ground. "Beast breathing! Seventh form! Spatial awareness!" After a few seconds of waiting, Inosuke gave a reply.

"Found them! There you are!" Inosuke said. "Found it?" Tanjiro asked. "Yeah! That way! I'm picking up a powerful aura from over there!" Inosuke used his sword to point in the direction where the demon was. 

"You are? Great job, Inosuke!" You praised. Inosuke felt the familiar warmth spread throughout his body, but was snapped out of it when he had to dodge an attack. 

"We've got to take care of these guys or we'll never get anywhere!" Inosuke stated. You cursed under your breath and ducked down to dodge a sloppy attack.

"Dammit! What a pain in the ass! I'm just gonna demolish them all at once!" Inosuke got into stance. 

"You can't do that! Back off! There has to be a way! So let's try not to hurt these-" Tanjiro was cut off when once of the controlled slayers ran at him with an attack. Murata had made it to Tanjiro first and saved him before you could. 

"Murata?" Tanjiro said. "Leave these guys to me and go ahead!" Murata exclaimed. "Why you tryna sound so cool, Mr. Pissed-my-pants?" Inosuke asked. "I never pissed my pants, you stupid boar! I wasn't talking to you, so just shut up!" Murata retorted.

He stopped an attack again. "I know that wasn't my finest moment back there, but i'm a demon slayer, too! I'll find a way to hold them back! I now know that i just need to cut the threads, as well as these guys can only make the most elementary movements! I'll watch out for the spiders as well! Plus, the demon probably has better control the closer they are! So you three, go on!" Murata said. 

"Understood. Thank you so much, we appreciate it. Take care now, Murata." You ran over to Tanjiro and Inosuke. "Let's go, guys." They nod and follow after you.

"I'm so gonna punch you when i get back!" Inosuke shouted to Murata. You ignored Inosuke and Tanjiro arguing behind you and used your hand to move the threads out of the way. You all stopped when more controlled slayers were in your way. 

"No. Don't come any closer. Please summon someone of a higher rank! Otherwise, everyone will get killed! Please.... please!" The woman cried. 

She looked distraught and her arm seemed to be broken as her sword was plunged into the neck of her teammate. Her other arm was holding the hair of another teammate, who had a missing eye.

The woman had suddenly raised her sword. "Run!" She screamed. Tanjiro jumped back to dodge her attack. She swung her sword back and forth. "I'm being controlled! I can't move my own body! I was never this strong!" Her arms were then pulled back. 

You heard a crunch coming from her arms, indicating that they were broken. You gasped as she cried out in pain. She quickly went forward and slashed her sword at you, which you blocked with your sword.

More creaking noises were heard. "Y/n, there's more!" Tanjiro informed. You turned around to see two more controlled demon slayers. 

"P-please kill me! My arms and legs.... the bones are piercing my organs! Every time i'm forced to move, the pain becomes more intense! I can't take it anymore! I won't be alive for much longer anyway..... so please, save me! Please put me out of my misery!" One of them cried. 

"Sure, you got it!" Inosuke ran over to him. "No, Inosuke-!" You cut yourself off and blocked another attack.

"Hold up! We've got to find a way to help him!" Tanjiro shouted. "Oh, shut up! You need to shut that damn mouth of yours!" Inosuke fired back. "But...." Tanjiro argued. "He's asking us to kill him, right?" Inosuke slid back over to you and Tanjiro. 

"These guys are pretty fast. If we get caught napping, we're going down!" Inosuke stated. "We know that. Just... give me a second to think." You mumbled. After a moment of thinking, you got an idea.

You ran away from Tanjiro and Inosuke, the woman from earlier following you. You ignored Inosuke's shouted and stopped, turning around to face the girl. As gentle as you possibly could, you picked her up. "Sorry if i hurt you, miss." You apologize. 

'Total concentration.' You threw her up into the air, and the threads went over a branch and left her hanging there. 'What unbelievable strength!' The woman thought. "All right! You're all tangled up, like i planned!" You threw your arms up in the air proudly.

"Great thinking, Y/n!" Tanjiro praised. "The hell is up with that?! I wanna do that, too!" Inosuke exclaimed.

You three all threw up the people and got them tangled in the trees, keeping them from moving. The person you were fighting against suddenly had his neck snapped. 

"No-!" You gasped. The other two also had their necks snapped, instantly killing them off. "Dammit! They're all dead now!" Inosuke said. You knelt down next to the one who got his neck snapped first, and let out a deadly aura.

Tanjiro, like his older sister, also let out an angered aura, which sent a shiver down Inosuke's spine. You stood up. "Let's go." You said. "Yeah, let's...." Inosuke said nonchalantly. 

You go over to Tanjiro and turn his head away from the dead bodies, and began running in the direction of the 'mother' demon. You all turned right, then spotted a giant demon.

___________________________________________________

(1090 words)