Chapter 60 | Dont Leave Me All Alone

I'm here regardless of the pain, don't ever tell me to go away, from you...

.

.

.

...when I'm old and have to leave the earth, I'll still remember all I've learned, from you

*Third person p.o.v.*

And so, Y/n, Giyuu, and Sanemi died at the age of twenty-five. Urokodaki had even outlived those three.

As expected, Giyuu and Sanemi died before Y/n. She spent her last two years without them.

But she didn't want to waste her time on being depressed, because it would happen to her soon.

It was midnight, and almost the end of Y/n's twenty-fifth birthday. She was with everyone at the butterfly mansion, under the care of Aoi, Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho.

Uzui, his three wives and his children, Urokodaki, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao, and everyone else close to Y/n were also at the butterfly mansion, spending time with the former Sun hashira before she passed away.

Everyone was asleep, so Y/n decided to go out. Why did she leave when it was cold at night, you might ask?

It was so she could visit the graves of her dear friends. Although, Shinobu's and Muichiro's bodies were never recovered, so it was only their headstones that were there.

There was a missing grave, though. It was Mitsuri's. She was buried together with Obanai because of how tight they were holding each other.

Their names were written together on the same stone. With that, all of the hashira's headstones were aligned, and Y/n's would be the next.

When everyone had noticed Y/n was gone- not long after she left, it was Uzui who had found her.

Uzui could remember the words both Sanemi and Giyuu told him before they died. It was to take care of Y/n and keep her company until she passed away.

Of course, Sanemi asked for him to take care of both Y/n and Giyuu. But, nevertheless, taking care of Y/n was both their dying wishes, and Uzui was able to carry that out until her last moments.

Y/n was no longer breathing, and she was collapsed on the ground in front of Kyojuro's headstone. What was worse was the fact that Uzui could see a piece of Kyojuro's haori in her hand, gripped so tightly, no one would be able to pry it away from her.

'Ah, that's right... she enjoyed collecting things, after all.'

It was the same situation with Obanai and Mitsuri, except it was Y/n with a precious cloth. He would be sure to bury it with her.

Y/n had a smile on her face, and a stack of letters beside her. They were letters to all of her dear friends. The letter on top was Uzui's. It was like she knew all along that he would be the one to find her first.

His heart pounded.

It physically hurt him to breathe, to move- hell, it even hurt to keep his eyes open while staring at your unmoving body. His knees were about to give in. Uzui hoped that it was only a dream, and that when he woke up, all of his friends would be by his side.

Was this survivor's guilt? He felt absolutely helpless. He couldn't stop anything from happening; it was inevitable. So why did he feel like it was his fault for letting all of his friends go fight to their deaths? While he stayed back?

🎉 You've finished reading •𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘• 𝑲𝒏𝒚 𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔! 𝒙 𝑭𝒆𝒎! 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 🎉