Chapter 35 | Awoken

*second person p.o.v.*

You immediately sat up and heard Tanjiro scream and grab his neck. "Tanjiro!" You grabbed him and pulled him into a hug.

"Big sis!" Tanjiro cried. You heard a light hum. "Nezuko! Are you all right?" Tanjiro asked. She grabbed her head and hummed again. You smiled and looked around you.

Zenitsu and Inosuke seemed to be fine, but Kyojuro seemed to be choking a little girl. Then you noticed other kids around you, with a rope connecting your wrist to theirs.

"What is this? Rope?" Tanjiro questioned as he inspected the cut rope on his and your wrist. You brung it up to your nose and sniffed it, finding out that it smelled just like the ticket.

Tanjiro seemed to notice too, and took out his ticket. A faint scent of the demon came from the rope and ticket.

You both got up and went over to Kyojuro. As you took out your sword, Tanjiro's hand stopped you. With a hum of confusion, you looked down at him.

"I feel like we shouldn't cut it with our nichirin swords. Nezuko! Do me a favor! I want you to burn off everyone's rope!" Nezuko nodded and did as ordered.

You and Tanjiro went over to Zenitsu and Inosuke, trying to shake them awake. "Inosuke, Zenitsu! Wake up, please!" You shook them, but they didn't budge.

Nezuko ran over with a grunt. Tanjiro comforted her by rubbing her head affectionately.

As you watched with a smile, you suddenly grabbed Tanjiro and Nezuko as the girl Kyojuro was choking used a weapon to try and slash you.

You pushed them into an empty seat and faced the girl. "What are you doing?" You asked. She turned around and got in stance.

"Get out of our way! Thanks to you guys, we won't be able to have dreams!" Two more stood by her side, and two kept still.

"What are you doing? If either of you are awake, you'd better help us out! If we don't do our job, i'm going to tell him, and then, he won't show you any dreams, you hear me?" You looked over to the two children.

They both stood up and stayed still. They seemed to be crying, and they looked to be siblings. "Y/n-" Tanjiro was about to stand up, but you cut him off.

"Stay still." You ordered. He nodded and slowly sat down as ordered. "Sorry. I have to go fight." In a second, you were behind the two in front.

You used your wrist to hit the nape of their necks, knocking them out. She gasped and ran forward with a yell.

She swung the weapon she had, but you easily dodged and knocked her out like the rest of them.

"You wanted to live inside a happy dream, right? I know. I wanted to stay in mine, too. If only the reality was the dream...." You sighed.

Nezuko and Tanjiro ran over and hugged you. You chuckled and hugged them back, ruffling their hair. Noticing the two other kids looking at you, you turned to them.

"Are you okay?" You asked. "Thank you." The boy said. "Be careful." Riku warned. You nodded his way and turned to Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, i smell an awful scent coming from outside. Could you check it out? Or do you want to help wake everyone up?" You asked.

"I'll go outside. You've done enough. It's time for me to test my skills!" Tanjiro smiled. "All right, then. Good luck. Come get me if you can if you need help." You both nodded at eachother before going on separate ways.

Nezuko went over to Inosuke and used her pink fire to wake up Inosuke, as you went over to Kyojuro.

"Rengoku, wake up. Now's not the time to be sleeping!" You shook his shoulder back and forth, but it was no use. Suddenly, a loud bang and cackle was heard.

"Inosuke! You're awake!" You sighed out in relief. He banged his head up on the train, and finally broke through. "Inosuke! Y/n!" You jumped up from the hole Inosuke created to see Tanjiro.

"It's not safe anywhere on this train anymore! We have to protect the sleeping passengers! This whole train's turned into a demon!" Tanjiro explained.

"I knew it! So, i was right on the money! That means i was a total stud as a leader!" Inosuke jumped back down into the hole he made earlier and protected the passengers there.

"I'll take care of the ones in the back! Go to the front of the train!" You ordered, running down the train. "Right!" Tanjiro did as asked and ran to the front of the train.

You burst through one of the doors and took out your sword. 'Water breathing. Third form: flowing dance!' You cut through the flesh reaching toward passengers and you, but they kept on growing back.

You landed, seeing more flesh grow back. From the cart just in front of you, you heard thunder strike. "Zenitsu?" You questioned aloud.

You were distracted from that when you had to cut another flesh tentacle. It became annoying. Suddenly, a loud boom was heard and shook the train. You fell and landed on your back.

Kyojuro all of a sudden appeared in front of you. "Y/n!" Kyojuro helped you up with a smile.

"I was pretty thorough with my slashing attacks on my way here, so it should take a while for the demon to regenerate. But there's no time to lose! I'll keep it short!" You nodded.

"This train has eight cars in all! I'll protect the four in the rear. You, the yellow boy, and your sister will be in charge of the rest. Tanjiro and the boar head boy will go look for the demon's head while keeping an eye on those three cars. I will search for a weak spot while i fight! I suggest you do the same! You're a strong woman, so show me how strong you are." And with that, he disappeared.

Standing up, you spun your sword around your fingertips, getting into stance.

______________________________________________________

(1023 words)