Chapter 16 | Please Marry Me!

*second person p.o.v.*

"Wh-what's up with that? What on earth?" Tanjiro questioned. A sparrow flew over and landed in your open palm. It started chirping violently and flapping its wings. Tanjiro nodded in understanding. "You know what the bird is saying?" You asked. 

"Yep!" Tanjiro nodded, the boy's pleads in the background. Tanjiro and the bird continued conversing. "I see! Gotcha! I'll see what i can do!" Tanjiro said. He then turned to you. "We should help the woman!" Tanjiro declared. "Alright, let's go." You and Tanjiro start walking over to the crying boy. "Please help me! Please marry me! I'm beg-" His cries were cut short when Tanjiro pulled him away.

You walked over to the woman and stepped in front of her protectively as Tanjiro scolded the yellow-haired boy. "What do you think you're doing in the middle of the road? Can't you see that she wants no part with you? And stop causing trouble for your sparrow, too!" The yellow-haired boy looked at the both of you. 

"Those uniforms! You're those guys from final selection!" The boy recalled. "I don't know anyone that's even remotely like you! No one!" Tanjiro yelled, obviously annoyed. 

"But we met! Don't either of you remember?! You're the one with issues! Just like your memorization!" Tanjiro and you then remembered the muttering boy.

You sighed and turned to the woman, lightly brushing her kimono.  You stood back up to your height and gave her a thumbs up to which she smiled at. Tanjiro walked over. "All right, i've taken care of this issue. You have nothing to worry about anymore." Tanjiro reassured. 

"Yes, thank you very much!" The woman bowed down gratefully. "Hey! Stay out of my way! That girl is going to marry me! Because she's in love w-" The screaming boy was cut off with a hard slap across the face. 

She slapped him over and over and over again. "Hey! Ouch! That hurts! Stop it! Stop it! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" The boy covered his head to try and protect himself as she kept on slapping him.

You walked over and held the girl back as she tried slapping the boy. "Please, calm down!" Tanjiro said. The boy screamed. "When did i ever say i was in love with you?! You were crumpled up on the side of the road and looked ill! All i did was call out to you!" The woman pointed. 

"You mean you didn't reach out to me out of love because you were worried?!" The boy asked. "I already have a fiancé, so not on your life! Since you're so full of energy, you must be fine now, right?! Have a very nice day!" The woman exclaimed. She then started stomping away. "W-wait! Come back!" The boy cried out.

"Leave her alone. Can't you see she's not interested? Just cut it out." The woman and boy turned to you with looks of disbelief. "You're a girl?!" They both asked. You held your hair and waved it around. "Wasn't it obvious?" You asked. The boy then latched onto you, hugging his arms around your waist. 

The woman who was in disbelief quickly walked away, not wanting to be involved with the boy any longer. "Get off of me." You pushed his head lightly and he only held on tighter. "Please marry me!" He pleaded. You and Tanjiro made disgusted faces. 

"What's with that look on your face?! Stop it! Why are you staring at me like i'm some inhuman creature or something?!" The screaming boy asked Tanjiro.

Tanjiro's and your face turned into an even more disgusted look. "Nevermind!" The boy then turned to you. "Marry me! Oh, wait. If i'm gonna marry you, i need to see your face!" He reached for your mask, and just as he was about to touch it, you grabbed his wrist and pinned him to the ground. "Don't touch me." You said darkly. 

"Oh my gosh! I got pinned down by a woman!" The boy squealed, then quieted his voice. "So you're a top, i see? I don't mind." The boy tried to seductively say, wiggling his eyebrows. "I'm done here." You let go of the boy and got up, dusting your hands and grabbing Tanjiro's hand. "Let's go." You said, pulling your brother along with you.

"What's a top?" Tanjiro asked. You blushed from under your mask and pulled him along. "Nothing you need to know about." You mumbled. "Wait for me!" The boy ran and walked beside you. "I'm Zenitsu Agatsuma." He said a bit more calmly. 

"I'm Tanjiro Kamado! And this is my older sister Y/n Kamado!" Tanjiro had sparkles around him as he introduced you. "Sister?!" Zenitsu exclaimed. "Yes, sister." You confirmed. "So cool!" Zenitsu looked at you with hearts. 'One with sparkles, and one with hearts. One wants to be like me, and one wants to be with me.' You thought.

You three walked for a few minutes in silence. "Do you... do you have any food i can eat?" Zenitsu asked. "You don't have any food on you?" You asked. "No." Zenitsu muttered. "Tanjiro, are you hungry?" You asked. "Yeah. But it's fine." He chirped. You chuckled and ruffled his hair, reaching into your haori to take out two onigiri. You handed it to each boy. 

"Here you both go." They both took it and munched on it. "You're not going to eat, Y/n?" Zenitsu asked. "No. That's all i had." You replied. "You can take a bit of ours." Tanjiro suggested. They both broke off a piece and handed it to you. "Thank you." You take them both and lifted your mask up to only reveal your mouth.

You slowly ate the onigiri pieces and put your mask back on. "Why don't you take off your mask? It'd be easier, right?" Zenitsu asked. "It's fine. Nothing you should worry about." You brushed it off and continued walking. You walked ahead of Tanjiro and Zenitsu as they both talked and conversed with one another. 

"Start running! Start running! Y/n, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, get going! All of you are to head over to your next destination! You must run!" Your crow cawed and flew around you three. Zenitsu exclaimed and fell to the ground, grabbing his head and hopping around like a fish out of water.

"That crow is talking!" He exclaimed. You turned back around. "Like the crow said, we must run. Come on." You and Tanjiro start running. Zenitsu hopped off the ground and sprinted after you two and slowed down to run beside Tanjiro. 

"You guys run fast!" Zenitsu panted. 'I can't even hear Y/n's footsteps! Or Tanjiro's! Just how trained are these guys?!' Zenitsu thought.

___________________________________________________

(1117 words)