Chapter 32 | The Mugen Train

*second person p.o.v.*

"Hey... hey! Hey! Wha-wh-wha- what the hell is this creature?! I bet it's that thing! The master of this land- no, the ruler of this land! See how long and intimidating this is? There's no mistaking it! Looks like it's asleep right now, but don't let your guard down!" Inosuke exclaimed.

"Uh, no. It's just a train. First time seeing one?" Zenitsu deadpanned. Inosuke smacked Zenitsu's face with his hand. "Shush! Calm down! I'll lead the charge!" Inosuke grabbed the handles of his swords.

"No, you calm down, Inosuke!" Tanjiro snapped. Then Tanjiro put out his hand like a wise man.

"You never know, it might be the guardian spirit of this land. It might not be a good idea to attack it." You face palmed at Tanjiro.

"No, didn't you hear me? It's just the steam train. You know what a 'train' is, right? It's a vehicle for transporting people. You damn country bumpkins!" Zenitsu explained.

"Huh? 'Train'? So this is what the crow meant!" Tanjiro had realization hit him.

Inosuke walked forward and screamed, then head-butted the train. "Inosuke!" You whisper shouted. "Stop that! You're embarrassing us!" Zenitsu scolded.

A loud whistle was heard as two men shoved their way to you. "Hey, they've got swords! Call the police!" They exclaimed.

"Oh, shit! Crap, crap, crap!" Zenitsu grabbed Inosuke and Tanjiro as you ran behind them. "Hurry, you guys. I'll catch up in a second." You stopped and turned to face the two men running towards you.

"Y/n!" Tanjiro shouted. "Shut it, bumpkin!" Zenitsu screeched. You covered fhe two men's view of the boys running away as you stalled for them.

"Hey, you-!" They yelled and shouted, blowing a whistle and causing a commotion. You put a finger to your mask's mouth as a sign to quiet down.

From what they saw, you disappeared into thin air. You found Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Tanjiro talking and bickering. "Come on, guys! The train is leaving!" You all ran after the train.

"You four!" You ignored the two men and hopped onto the back of the train. "Y/n! Tanjiro! Inosuke!" You all helped Zenitsu onto the back of the train.

"Man, it's fast!" Inosuke shouted over the loud engine of the train. "Y/n, Tanjiro. Are you two sure about bringing Nezuko along? Wouldn't the demon slayer HQ be the safest place to keep her?" Zenitsu asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. No matter where we go, me and my sisters will always be together. We're never gonna be apart again." Tanjiro looked out into the distance.

You ruffled Tanjiro's hair and opened the door behind you. "We should go inside now, yes?" You all went inside the train and began to look for Kyojuro.

Inosuke went over to a window and began cackling loudly, and Zenitsu had to apologize on his behalf. "Excuse me, miss?" You turned to the old lady with a hum of confusion. "Can you help me with my luggage?" She asked.

"Of course." You picked up her things and put it on the wrack above her. "Is that all right?" You asked. "Thank you." The woman nodded. "Sorry to trouble you." The old man in front of her apologized.

"No, it's completely fine. It's the least i can do. Have a great day, ma'am." You gently waved as you followed after Tanjiro with Zenitsu dragging Inosuke behind you.

"He's a hashira, right? This Rengoku person.... are you sure you'll recognize his face?" Zenitsu asked.

"Of course. I've had quite a few encounters with him already." You replied. A girl giggled and pointed to your mask. "You have a cool mask, miss!" She said.

"We don't point at people, all right? That's not nice." The mother put her daughter's hand down. "It's fine, ma'am. Have a nice day." You nodded their way and continued walking to the next cart.

Tanjiro slid opened the door, and the first thing you heard was a shout. "Delicious!" Kyojuro chirped.

"Delicious! Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!" You jumped a bit as you neared Kyojuro, his familiar loud voice startling passengers nearby. Kyojuro repeated 'delicious' after each bite.

"Is that the flame hashira guy?" Zenitsu asked in a whisper. "Yep." You nodded. "Not just some random glutton?" Zenitsu asked. "Yep." You said again. You all approached Kyojuro awkwardly. "Rengoku?" You said. "Delicious!" Kyojuro replied.

"Mr. Rengoku....?" Tanjiro said. Before you could tap his shoulder, he suddenly turned to you. "Delicious!" Tanjiro chuckled nervously. "We get that part already...." Kyojuro crossed his arms over his broad chest.

"And you're that kid from that day at the Master's. And.. Y/n!" Kyojuro remarked. "Yes. I'm Tanjiro Kamado, and this is my older sister, Y/n Kamado. These two are our fellow demon slayers, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira." Tanjiro used his hand to gesture to each person.

"Ah, Y/n! It's great to see you again! I didn't know it'd be so soon. I've missed your meals from when I was in the butterfly estate!" You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly with a light blush.

Then Kyojuro turned to the box on Tanjiro's back. "And that box there...." You looked to the box as well.

"Yes. It's my younger sister Nezuko." You explained. "Right! That demon we saw that day, huh? Since the Master's acknowledged her, i won't say any word for now." Kyojuro pat the seat beside him, "You two come sit down." Doing as asked, you sat beside Kyojuro.

"How do you two know each other?" Your brother asked. "I took care of him for a while when he was injured." You replied. He nodded, then took off the box and set it down, before sitting down in front of you.

"What are you four doing here? A mission?" Kyojuro asked, his smile remaining the same throughout the conversation.

"We received an order from a Kasugai crow. 'The casualties of the Mugen train are increasing. Join Rengoku on site,' he said." Tanjiro explained, his hands in his lap as he stared ahead. "Yes! I see now! Understood!" Kyojuro gave a firm nod.

"Right. Also, there's one more thing. There's something i wanted to ask you, Rengoku." You said. "What is it? Let's hear it." With consent, you began to ask your question.

"About our father...." You began. "What about your father?" Kyojuro asked. "For one, he was a very frail man." You explained. "Was he really?" Kyojuro asked.

"But even when it was cold, cold enough to freeze your lungs, he could still perform a Kagura dance in the snow." Tanjiro said. "Well, i'm glad to hear it!" Tanjiro exhaled softly.

"The thing is..." Tanjiro raised his voice. "What's up?" Rengoku also raised his voice. "Hinokami Kagura.... dance! I suddenly found myself doing the Kagura i'd seen as a child." Tanjiro explained.

"If you know anything about that, Rengoku.... i was hoping you'd tell us." You said. There was a short silence before Rengoku spoke again.

"Right! But i know nothing! I've never even heard the term 'Hinokami Kagura' before. But it's truly commendable that your father was able to adapt his Kagura dance into battle. All right! End of discussion!" Sighing in disappointment, you turned to look out the window as Tanjiro tried to talk to Kyojuro for a bit longer.

But you snapped your head to Kyojuro as he suddenly raised his voice. "You two should become my Tsuguko's, my apprentice's! I'll look after you both! I've seen your potential, Y/n! I wouldn't mind teaching you!" Kyojuro suggested.

______________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating for a couple days. I've been with family who were in town for a bit.

-Moonlxghts

(1277 words)