Chapter 56 | Set Your Heart Ablaze

*second person p.o.v.*

"Inosuke!!" In a flash, you appeared in front of Inosuke, slicing Muzan's attack before it could hurt the boar.

Your lungs burnt with every breath you took, and your shoulder was bleeding out.

You and Tanjiro had recovered from the shockwaves you received from Muzan, and now was fighting alongside Zenitsu and Inosuke.

You and Tanjiro endlessly used Hinokami kagura, one technique after the other without a seconds rest.

Tanjiro had just pinned Muzan back with his sword, and Mitsuri covered him. "Kanroji!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Cut it out already! You moron!" Mitsuri cried, screaming at Muzan. You cut Muzan's other arm, but was about to be hit by his whip when Sanemi had come to your rescue.

"Shinazugawa!" Tanjiro said. Sanemi was about to scold you for not being more aware of your surroundings, but noticed your lack of vision. He immediately shut up and pulled you back behind him.

What?

Muzan's face split in half and opened, a large mouth full of teeth in every crevice. It was about to close down on Tanjiro, but Obanai had stepped in and let his head get crushed instead.

"It's the dawn! Just keep holding out everyone!" You shouted.

Suddenly, another wide ranged attack forced everyone away, except Tanjiro and you. Tanjiro lost his left arm, and you felt a rock impale your stomach, leaving a small hole.

You vomited blood, and then had to quickly regain yourself. You went behind Tanjiro to help him push the sword he was holding further into Muzan, keeping him pinned against the building.

But then his body began to swell into a large ugly baby. "No... no! TANJIRO!" Tanjiro was being absorbed into the body, but before you could as well, Giyuu pulled you back.

"Y/n, you need to let go!" Tanjiro said, trying to shake off your grip as he sunk further.

Your grip on Tanjiro was so strong, the water hashira had to use up nearly all of the strength he had left to get you away.

He held you close as Muzan stumbled the other way, being stopped by bookshelves and large vehicles that stopped him from finding refuge in the shade.

"Let go, Giyuu." You demanded, trying to pry his arms off of you. "No, you need-" You cut him off.

"I want to take my last breaths knowing I was useful. So let me... let me go." Reluctantly, his arm fell limp and he watched you go.

His hand was covered in your blood.

Giyuu was wondering why he let you go. He'd come to realize his mistake as he stared at your back. You were going back into battle while he stood, feeling the sticky liquid on his hand drip onto the dirt underneath.

You ran towards Muzan and leaped into the air, using the ninth form of hinokami kagura, dragon sun halo head dance.

Right after you landed, Sanemi had also unleashed his own attack. "You're wavering, you fuckwad! Just turn into damn dust already!" Sanemi shouted.

You continued to unleash attacks alongside Sanemi and Giyuu. After delivering your last breathing technique, all you could hear was the struggles of everyone who was trying to keep Muzan in the sunlight.

And with a sudden wail, you had guessed that Muzan had finally started to fully disintegrate. You grabbed your stomach and hacked up more blood.