Chapter 28 | Friends

*second person p.o.v.*

"Five times? I've gotta take this medicine five times a day? And for three whole months, you say?! If i take this, i can't eat anything, you know! It's really bitter! It's such an ordeal! So wait, are you seriously saying my limbs will heal with just this medicine? Listen, are they really gonna heal? Tell me how they're gonna get healed! Somebody give me a thorough explanation!" You heard Zenitsu complain.

"He's still making a commotion?" Aoi, the girl with blue hair in pigtails, questioned. You looked into the room to see Zenitsu there, screaming his head off. "Zenitsu!" You said, feeling relieved.

"Didn't we already explain it to you multiple times? If you don't stop this nonsense right now, we'll tie you up! Really now!" Aoi walked away with a sigh.

"You." Aoi pointed to you. "Yes?" You hummed. "Come with me. Kiyo, let's go." She walked out of the room, tha kakushi carrying you following Aoi close behind with Kiyo.

She brought you into a separate room and ordered the kakushi to put you down. So there you sat awkwardly, on the bed.

"We must treat your wounds immediately. Kiyo, get me some warm water and a cloth. Oh, and some medicine to treat her wounds." Aoi ordered. Kiyo nodded and left the room to go grab things needed.

Aoi approached you and tilted your face to the side. "Hm. Nothing wrong here." She muttered. "Can you please unbutton your shirt?" She asked. "A-ah, sure." You nervously laughed.

"No need to be nervous. We're both girls." She smiled. You unbuttoned your demon slayer uniform to reveal cuts littered all over your body. They had all stopped bleeding, but they weren't treated. "This is going to take a while." Aoi said, observing the amount of cuts.

"I don't mean to trouble you." You apologized. "No, it's fine." Aoi said. Kiyo walked back into the room with all supplies needed. "Here you go, Aoi." Kiyo informed.

"Thank you, Kiyo." Aoi took all the things and set them down. She dipped the cloth into warm water and began to wipe the dried blood off. You sucked in a sharp breath as the warm water and cloth touched the cut. It stung.

After she dealt with all the cuts on your upper body, she clean the cuts on your legs. "I wonder who bandaged your leg. They did a very bad job. What happened here?" Aoi tutted as she unwrapped the bandages.

"While fighting a large demon, i was.... thrown away, and i got stabbed with a branch upon impact with the ground." You explained.

"Ough, stabbed with a branch. There might be a chance it's infected." She finally got a chance to look at the wound and threw the bloody bandages away.

"Ah, well, it's not infected, but it looks pretty bad. We must treat it right away." Aoi grabbed the medicine and poured it on a cotton ball. She began to dab it on the wound gently, making sure not to hurt you.

Once she cleaned the wound and put medicine on it, she rewrapped it and made sure it was more tighter than loose. "There, all done." Aoi stood back up and wiped her forehead.

"Hello, how is everything?" Shinobu asked. Aoi, Kiyo, and you jumped a bit. "She's all treated and good to go. Just needs to rest and wait for her wounds to heal." Aoi informed.

"My, that's great." Shinobu smiled. "How is Tanjiro? How is Zenitsu and Inosuke?" You asked. "They're just fine." Shinobu said. "That's a relief." You sighed. "Here, change into this." Kiyo said. "Thank you." You smiled.

"Well, i'll be leaving now. Take care." Shinobu left before anyone could say anything more. "I'm going too. My job here is done." Aoi said.

"Thank you for the help." Aoi nodded and left with your demon slayer uniform. You changed into the hospital clothes and seen that Kiyo was still there. "Is there something you need?" You asked.

"You look like the other guy with red eyes. Are you related by any chance?" She asked, tilting her head. "Yes, i'm his older sister." You replied. "Wow, you're very pretty." Kiyo complimented.

"Thank you." You patted her head, "I think you're very cute, Kiyo." She blushed happily. "Thank you, miss! I'll be right back!" She ran out of the room. You chuckled and laid back into the bed, staring at the ceiling.

A few minutes went by, and Kiyo came back with two other girls. "Sumi, Naho, meet Y/n! Y/n, meet Sumi and Naho!" Kiyo introduced. "Hello!" You kindly waved at them with a smile. "Wow! She's like an angel!" Naho exclaimed. "She's very pretty!" Sumi agreed.

You blushed and rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly. "You guys are too nice." You said. They all skipped over to you and began complimenting you, to which you returned. "Y/n?" You heard Tanjiro call out to you. "What is it?" You asked.

"Oh, i was just looking for you. I can leave-" You cut Tanjiro off. "No, you can sit here! Come on." You gestured him over. Tanjiro went over to you and sat down on your hospital bed. "Who are they?" Tanjiro asked.

"This is Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho. Cute, aren't they?" You introduced. "Your brother's pretty too!" Naho said. "Awh, Tanjiro they said you're pretty! My little brother's pretty!" You pinched his cheeks and teased Tanjiro.

"Ah, big sis, stop!" He pushed you away with a blush. You giggled and patted your brother's head. "Kiyo? Naho? Sumi? I need your help!" You heard Aoi shout from down the hall. "Awww, we have to go now." Sumi whined.

"We'll talk to you guys next time! Bye!" They all ran out of the room. "Are you okay, Y/n?" Tanjiro asked.

"My back just really hurts. That guy with the white snake dug his elbow into my spine." You replied. "I'll headbutt him next time for hurting you!" Tanjiro declared with a huff. "Ah, it's okay." You brushed off.

You heard a knock on the door. "I wonder who it is now." You muttered, walking to the door and opening it to reveal Giyuu. "Oh, Tomioka! Is there anything you need?" You asked. You let him into the room.

"No, i'm just wondering if you're both okay. Does your back hurt?" Giyuu poked your back with his finger. "Ouch." You mumbled, grabbing your back.

"Sorry. Anyway, i came to return these." Giyuu held your haori with your mask, and he also held Tanjiro's checkered haori.

You took it and examined them both. "Oh no, Tanjiro, your haori's all ripped." You sighed and looked at yours. Your haori was fine and your mask was in one whole piece, so there was nothing wrong. "It's fine. I'll just get a new one." Tanjiro said.

"No, i can sew it." You went over to the nightstand by your bed and opened a little drawer. To your luck, there was a sewing kit. "Ah, perfect." You grabbed it and set things on your bed. "I'm leaving now. Goodnight, get well soon." The door closed before you and Tanjiro could say goodbye.

"Tomioka sounds very monotonous." You commented. Tanjiro hummed in agreement. You began sewing Tanjiro's checkered haori.

"Hey, Y/n? What do you think Kocho meant by people disliking Tomioka?" Tanjiro asked. You shrugged.

"I'm not entirely sure. Maybe he has a hard time making friends? Anyways, let's not talk about that. I mean, we can be his friends, right?" You said.

"Yeah, we can!" Tanjiro replied happily. "Yeah, see? Now he doesn't have people who dislike him." Giyuu who was listening to your conversation from outside your door had a ghost of a smile on his face.

"Friends...." He whispered under his breath, feeling something warm bubbling up inside his chest.

___________________________________________________

(1311 words)