Chapter 14 | Temari Balls And Arrows

*second person p.o.v.*

You and Tanjiro moved around and dodged the balls, hitting them away with your swords. You and Tanjiro cut them in half, but the only hit you again. The Temari balls faded away, and reappeared as full spheres again. 

You jumped, and landed, having to backflip over more. You and Tanjiro did all sorts of things to dodge the Temari balls. From jumping, to flipping, to cart wheeling. You glanced over at Yushiro and Tamayo to see two balls go through parts of their heads, and one other going through a part of Tamayo's body. 

"Miss Tamayo! Yushiro!" You and Tanjiro managed to shout whilst dodging the Temari balls. You block a Temari ball from hitting your face with your sword, immediately having to dodge another.

"We'll heal soon enough! Don't worry about us!" Tamayo replied. "Hey! You dumbass demon hunters! The arrows show which direction they're going! Just dodge the arrows!" You and Tanjiro looked at Yushiro as if he were crazy. "Arrows?" Tanjiro questioned. "What arrows?" You asked, cutting Temari balls without taking your eyes away from Yushiro. 

"You seriously can't see them? I'm going to lend you two my sense of sight! That should at least enable you to behead that Temari demon!" Yushiro took out two pieces of paper. "Take off your mask, woman!" Yushiro ordered. Yushiro threw the two pieces of paper, and before yours hit your forehead, you took off your mask, only revealing your forehead.

Then you could see the arrows. You put your mask back on and dodged the arrows, as did Tanjiro. "Why don't you just take off your mask? It'd be easier to see!" Yushiro said. "I have a sensitive nose, which means my sense of smell is stronger than even Tanjiro's. This mask lessens my sense of smell, so it doesn't bother me. Make any sense?" You explained while dodging the arrows swiftly. 

"That's stupid." Yushiro mumbled. "No, it's not. You wouldn't understand, anyways. Plus, i can see perfectly fine from under my mask. You just want an excuse to see my face." You rolled your eyes, turning your body to the side to dodge an arrow. "Yeah, right! As if i'd want to see the face of an eyesore." The boy huffed. "That's enough bickering! Just focus on dodging the Temari balls!" Tanjiro scolded.

"Yeah, you're right." You mumbled. You and Tanjiro jumped back, seeing Nezuko standing by. "Nezuko! Y/n! Let's go outside! Take care of the demon up in the trees!" Tanjiro ordered. Nezuko nodded firmly, running out and then jumped up into the trees. You and Tanjiro followed suit, getting into stance once you both saw the Temari demon. 

"We're your targets." Tanjiro said to the demon. "The demon hunter boy wearing hanafuda earrings.... and the demon hunter girl wearing a cat mask with blue patterns and designs... no question about it. I'm about to bring your heads to the lord!" Tanjiro clicked his tongue. "This is fun!" The Temari demon threw her Temari balls once again, aimed at you and Tanjiro only.

You and Tanjiro ran, even up on the house and down again, but the Temari balls only followed. You and Tanjiro stood back to back, when suddenly, the arrows disappeared. 'Water breathing. Third form. Flowing dance.' You and Tanjiro used that breathing technique and cut all of the Temari balls, finally making it to the Temari demon and cutting off all her arms. 

"Miss Tamayo! Do these two demons have a high concentration of Muzan Kibutsuji's blood?" Tanjiro asked. "Most likely." She replied. "In that case.... we're going to extract their blood." You said.

The Temari demon laughed. "You think you can extract our blood? I don't know what you're scheming, but i won't allow you to do anything that displeases our lord!" She turned to you two. 

"If you think you can extract from one of us twelve kizuki's, then go ahead and try!" She said. "Watch your backs! Don't let your guards down for a single second! If those two are really from the twelve kizuki, then they're undeniably more formidable than any other demon you've slain up to this point!" Yushiro shouted. "Right!" Tanjiro nodded. "Understood!" You replied with a firm nod.

The Temari demon cackled loudly and easily grew back her arms, the Temari balls reappearing in all of her hands. "I'm going to bring him both of your heads." The Temari demon declared. It was all cut short when you and Tanjiro felt a body fall atop of yours. "Nezuko!" Tanjiro said. 

The second demon appeared and grunted proudly. "Now then, why don't all of you die together?" The Temari demon threw her Temari balls at you, and you grabbed Tanjiro and Nezuko, dodging the attack. "Are you okay, you guys?" You asked. "Yeah.... i-i'm fine." Tanjiro smiled. "Hey! Demon hunters!" You and Tanjiro look over at Yushiro.

"Get rid of that arrow man first! The three of us will take on that Temari woman!" Yushiro ordered. "Understood." You nonchalantly replied. "Nezuko, whatever you do, don't push yourself too hard." Tanjiro said. You pat her head affectionately to which she replied with a small grunt. You both stand up, facing the demons you were about to fight. 

"I'm counting on you." You direct to Nezuko. She nods, and you three go off into different directions. You and Tanjiro jump up and raise your swords, and the demon raised its hand with an eye on it. "What grimy little imps you are." You suddenly felt as if you slipped, going backwards and turning into a tree.

Your head banged against the tree harshly. As soon as your head hit the tree, you and Tanjiro were sent in all different directions, hitting trees, the ground and the brick wall. You and Tanjiro were sent up to the air, and the arrow disappeared. 

"Use a breathing technique, Tanjiro!" You shouted. 'Eighth form. Waterfall basin!' You and Tanjiro ended up landing safely due to the waterfall basin. You stood up and clutched your side. "I think i broke something." You muttered.

"You and me both." Tanjiro groaned, gritting his teeth in pain. You and Tanjiro raise your swords, seeing the red arrows appear again. You both jump and dodge, trying not to let the arrows hit you. You saw Tanjiro get flung into a wall, which distracted you. 

You were thrown into a wall beside Tanjiro, the air getting knocked out of your lungs. You coughed out, your eyes widening. This was gonna be a long fight. "Damn, you too?" Tanjiro strained, glancing at you. "Looks like i just can't stay away, you know?" You sighed deeply.

___________________________________________________

(1111 words)