Chapter 48 | Conquer The Sun

*second person p.o.v.*

From stumbling to running, the ugly demon ran across the field under the pale moonlight.

You took a step, but as soon as you did, you felt a throbbing pain in your calf. A fresh cut was imbedded into your leg and wouldn't stop bleeding.

You began to walk again and concentrated your breathing into your leg to stop the blood.

"Find the tear and concentrate... stop the bleeding.' You could hear Kyojuro's voice in your head, reminding you of the words he said.

You took a deep breath and got into stance, about to use the technique Zenitsu taught you, but you had heard your name being called.

"Y/n! Y/n..!" You looked back to see a sword being thrown in your direction. Raising your arm, you caught the handle and saw Muichiro.

"Use it! Use Tanjiro's sword!" Just then, Haganezuka had appeared and choked Muichiro.

"If you use it, I'll kill you! I've only honed it up to the first stage! Give it back!" The older man demanded.

"Y/n, it's almost daybreak! The demon is going to get away! Hurry!" You turned to Tanjiro who was shouting to you and getting loose from the tree he was stuck in.

You got back into stance and using total concentration and hinokami kagura- dancing flash, you were launched forward and right up to the demon, swinging your blade and cutting it through its neck.

But as you turned around, you noticed that the body wasn't disintegrating, the body was still standing.

Yet your attention was brought to something else when you felt the sun hit your body. "Nezuko!" The sun was rising.

Nezuko couldn't stay in a wide open space. You saw Tanjiro sitting with Nezuko, unaware of the sun. Nezuko then looked over, grunting and breaking away from Tanjiro running towards you instead.

"No! Stay there, Nezu-" You stopped and began to cough. It was hard to speak or even breathe, and your legs were giving out.

"No, Nezuko!" Tanjiro began to run after Nezuko and called out to her. Your sister ran over with open arms and hugged you, and Tanjiro came while trying to tell Nezuko to go somewhere else.

But instead she was reaching towards something else. "Y/n, behind you!" The demon wasn't dead, and was still chasing after the swordsmiths.

"You need to go in the shade, Nezuko!" You wheezed, your throat hurting when you spoke.

The three of you began running towards the headless demon at the sound of a frightened yell, but immediately stopped when Nezuko grunted in pain as the sun hit her skin.

She was wailing in pain and covering her face. "Nezuko!" You and Tanjiro went to your younger sister and shielded her from the sun, yet she was still burning.

"No, no! Shrink your body, Nezuko! Shrink it!" Tanjiro was distraught, his brows furrowed as he hugged Nezuko. You looked back at Nezuko and the demon, and began to hyperventilate.

"Tanjiro, go! I'll help Nezuko!" You said. You both knew you couldn't run any longer, and you weren't breathing properly to use any techniques.

"But-" You cut Tanjiro off and handed him his sword you were holding. "Go! Now!" You pulled Nezuko towards you and Tanjiro stumbled and kept looking back as he ran.

Nezuko continued to cry out in pain and you looked by the cliff to see Genya trying to climb down. Your hands shook and you didn't know how to help Nezuko.

You looked back at Tanjiro who was still chasing the demon. He was suffering from his own wounds.

You had to help Tanjiro behead the demon, it was your duty. But... you also had to stay to protect Nezuko from the sun. What were you going to do...?

The one who made the decision for you to either stay or go help Tanjiro, was Nezuko. She forcefully kicked you closer to Tanjiro, urging you to help him instead of her.

She gave you a thumbs up as she laid in the grass, slowly burning from the sun. You bit your lip to the point it bled, and sprinted to Tanjiro.

"Its in the heart!" Tanjiro's head snapped to look at you, and an expression of horror painted his face.

"Focus on the demon! Don't let it get away!" You leaped into the air and sliced through the body, seeing a small demon fly out, which was for Tanjiro to behead.

Once Tanjiro's blade was halfway through its neck, you saw the larger body's hand come down to crush Tanjiro's head.

Using your injured left arm, it was grabbed instead of Tanjiro and was being crushed by the harsh grip it had.

"Come on!" Your right hand went over Tanjiro's and helped put more force into the swing as it sliced through the neck of the demon.

The sun rose, and the hand holding onto your arm disappeared along with the body. You dropped to your knees and clutched your left arm, feeling tears well up in your eyes when you remembered that you left Nezuko.

"I'm sorry, Tanjiro. Your big sister... has failed you once again." You lowered your head and rested your forehead against the grass, forming a bow to your brother.

You heard him choke out a sob as he grabbed your shoulders and hugged you. "I wouldn't have won without your help... it's alright, Y/n." You buried your face into his shoulder and tightly gripped his uniform as you sobbed.

You repeated your apologies which were muffled due to your face hiding in his shoulder.

"Lady Kamado? L-lord Kamado...!" You turned to the swordsmith pointing behind Tanjiro, and when you looked you could see Nezuko walking towards you two.

"Good morning!" She smiled. Tanjiro gasped and widened his eyes. Pulling you up along with him, you went to Nezuko and hugged her tight.

Tanjiro was first to hug her, wailing and saying how glad he was that she was still alive. You sighed in relief, wrapping your arms around the two and resting your head atop of Tanjiro's.

"Thank you two so much for saving us! We never could've forgiven ourselves if Nezuko perished!" A swordsmith said.

Sniffling you all pulled away from the hug and spoke with the swordsmiths, when Tanjiro suddenly fell forward. "Tanjiro!" You all cried.

You laid Tanjiro down and put his head on your lap as Nezuko held onto his hand in worry. "I.. I will carry him... on my back." Nezuko offered.

You helped Tanjiro up and onto Nezuko's back, but just then you also felt your legs give in. Before you could fall, Genya had grabbed you. "Oh, Genya..!" You looked up at his face to see his ears a deep shade of pink.

"Here, get on my back." He grumbled, bending down for you to get on. With help with one of the swordsmiths, you were able to get on Genya's back.

"Are you sure you're alright? Your arm is injured..." You hesitated to lean on Genya, to which he noticed.

"It's fine. You're as light as a feather. Just wrap your arm and legs around me tightly." Genya continued to mutter. You complied and did as he asked, and rested your chin on his shoulder, closing your eyes.

_________________________________________________

Some Genya action for Genya simps <3 but that's it 💀 bc yk...

-Moonlxghts

(1229 words)