1. the new assistant

001

001

"I mean, come on, Hoseok." The man scoffed. "The girl just turned twenty-one, fresh out of college. She's too young to be an executive assistant." Namjoon lectured, sitting across from him at their conference table.

Hoseok shook his head, pressing his lips. "No, no, that's not true. Age has nothing to do with it... in my opinion."

"Seriously?" Another interjected with his opinion. "You go through millions of executive assistants, young or old you can never seem to just keep one, Hoseok." Yoongi sided with Namjoon, sipping his iced Americano.

Jungkook hummed to himself, "Yoongi does have a point, Hobi hyung."

"Okay but, can we just all agree that everything is about experience nowadays?" Jin proceeded to add, "Sometimes even going to college isn't a concern." He shrugged, fiddling with the corners of the blank lined paper in front of him.

Hoseok was aware of that, cognizant of the fact that experience truly does matter.

However, by the look of her resume, he got the feeling that she was an outstanding person.

Somebody who would complete the tasks he'd give.

Where would anybody be if they weren't given chances? He wasn't going to assess her without even setting up a meeting in person.

Hoseok was the type of person who was extremely outgoing, taking a sharp buoyancy in meeting new people, especially if he would be considering them into his workspace.

"Jungkook, you were young when you started as well," Taehyung pointed out, "I was too, where would we be if our bosses didn't hire us just because of our young age?" The adolescent male was remarkably coherent, putting himself in the assistant's shoes.

Hoseok's heart-shaped lips satiated among a grin, "Thank you, Tae." He recognized how Taehung took his side, making him even more certain of the decision of hiring her.

Jimin nodded, "Right, I don't know where I'd be if I wasn't considered all because I was young and inexperienced."

Suddenly, the clicks of heels echoed through the nearby hallway, approaching the entrance of the large room.

Hobi grinned, throwing away the somber comments some of his friends had made.

"Watch, I'm sure that's her." Gingerly, he made his way towards the door.

Her heart pulsed vehemently against her chest, apprehensive of the idea that maybe she meddled in something important that the guys were discussing.

Yet, she was bringing them the main point of their entire meeting, how could she be disrupting something if nothing had started?

Devora's lips turned into a broad grin as soon as she saw Hoseok's seraphic face appear through the now opened doors.

"Dev, you made it just in time!" He was raving with pure resilience, his iridescent skin matching his blissful attitude.