epilogue

epilogue

Things had been completely redefined the past five months that had quickly rushed by.

Devora had put a rest trying restlessly to find the missing puzzle pieces of her life, assuming they would all come to her soon, and position themselves in the correct placements.

One of them was Jungkook.

After the kiss, it sufficed to say that it was better to stay together, rather than battle with their desires, and pretend like it's over.

Devora was thankful that nothing had changed between the two of them, their bond was rectified and tightly affixed again, almost as though a heartbreak had never occurred.

He held her the same way, perhaps a bit tighter than before, with much more gratitude for her presence.

But his arms still maintained sincerity and affection that swathed her body with such shelter and regard, curing the both of them.

He kissed her the same way, with no woeful or dithered taste left on Devora's tongue.

They finally seemed to understand one another, forgiving each other for their former mistakes.

Not only was her relationship going at such a seraphic pace, but her position as an executive assistant was going so sufficiently, too.

Hoseok had another fashion show, wanting Devora to work with him on outfits and wanting her opinion for many of his accessories.

It was a huge pleasure on her end, practically racing to work the next day with such enthusiastic nerves that never dispersed.

"So, then everything is good, right?" Boseong asked, elbows placed on both ends of her desk.

"I would say so, after a lot of mistakes, that is." Devora answered truthfully. "How's life been for you so far?"

He exhaled, staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression. Then, he gasped. "I got a raise! That has to be something great about my life." Boseong validated his own statement, nodding his head in satisfaction.

Devora chuckled, agreeing with him, clicking on the mouse as she went back to opening new emails that morning.

"Alright, now you know I have to ask." Boseong went on, fingers tapping the desk. "How is your relationship going?"

Amazing. Better than she ever would have expected it to be.

There was something about forgiveness and the absence of vindictive thoughts that just caused a better relationship. There were no more dithered apprehensions, and no more bitter perceptions any longer.

Her lips curled like a tendril, satisfied. "Amazing, things are well between us."

"So, how's the sex?" He sank closer to the mahogany desk, trying to keep his voice down.