68. ring shopping

068

068

Devora did not anticipate spending her Saturday evening ring shopping.

Fake ring shopping.

But, this was kind of her fault.

Hobi had consented to Devora's plan, pledging that they wouldn't be telling the other members about the family problems Hoseok was facing.

In their mind, Hoseok's father would just want to hear about the marriage proposal, and perhaps see the ring that he handed her.

Hoseok was confident that he wouldn't shove him any further, and that he would finally drop it once he saw that he was soon to be married.

Shortly after they conspired their fake proposal, Devora went along with Hobi to get his clothes and essentials to take up the space in Devora's guest bedroom.

The bleeding colors of rue contaminated her racing heart once they had arrived at department stores, although it was all fake just so Hobi can finally be at peace with his father — she still felt awful with herself.

Hobi didn't say anything regarding Jungkook, whether he shouldn't know about their fake engagement.

Devora played it safe, though, assuming she couldn't since it tied together with Hoseok's family problems — He wanted to keep that information between the two of them.

Hoseok would only stay for a bit, until then she would keep it from Jungkook.

Air gasped through her lips, the corner of her eyes tightened at all the luminous jewelry that screamed for her attention.

Her phone buzzed, thwarting her concentration from the rings to the latest messages she received.

It was from Jungkook.

Her dubious mood was lifted, her weakened heart now beating with pleasure.

He sent a photo of his family dog, Gureum, which meant he must've been at his parent's house that evening.

I wish you were here with me.

She smiled at his text, double-tapping the photo to leave a heart, but she was interrupted.

"Did you see any that are pretty believable?" Hobi showed up from behind her, lowering his tinted sunglasses to view the jewels.

She put her phone down. "Oh, not really. All of the ones that look real are literally the real ones, I can't find any fake marriage ones." Sighing, tapping the fiberglass with her nails.