75. cucumbers

075

075

The next morning was a grueling conquest, an unplanned and unanticipated expedition. A new day to engross in her spilling emotions from the breakup, to put them away, and will through her day.

It was Monday, and akin to any other adult, Devora had a job to be at.

After continuously crying the night before, she marveled at how her body still had the capability to stand and do everyday human practices.

Was her body not enfeebled after all that sobbing?

She felt powerless, simply exasperated.

Emotionally ebbed, her composure was brutally tarnished.

Devora felt purposeless. She had cried so much to Hoseok, she didn't understand how he withstood all her disastrous emotions.

She faced the five stages of grief all in one night.

A plethora of sentiments were all compacted into just a couple of hours. Suffice to say, she woke up the next morning feeling drained, and powerless.

Her throat was none other than parched, eyes were distended by her former tears. The area around her eyes was besmeared in a burning crimson red.

Devora's lashes fluttered at the brilliant daylight that knocked on her window, peeking through her curtains — to try and sluice her melancholy bedroom.

Devora sighed heavily, staring up at her blank white ceiling.

It was still rather early, and she was content that her body had woken her up at sunrise. She wouldn't be forced to scamper out of her hugging bed to get ready for work.

Her fingertips rubbed her exhausted swollen eyes, certain that they were almost half-closed.

Devora turned over to take a look at her nightstand.

Her heart squeezed, acknowledging she had a framed photo of her and Jungkook.

She shook her head, aggravation filling her lungs.

Devora never framed that photo of them, nor was she the one who put it up.

It was Jungkook who did that.

The photo was as sentimental as could be, making her eyes roll — ignoring the yearning that torched in her throat, wishing she could relive that photo with him.

It was the day she went over to dye his hair, they had taken a photo of their reflection in his pristine bathroom mirror.

Jungkook stood behind her, one of his arms attached around her waist, while the other was placed flatly on the side of her thigh. His head tilted endearingly by her left shoulder, his lips pushed into duck lips.

It made her realize how he was holding her in a way that looked so protective and shielded, revealing to the world that she was his — though they weren't together at that time — and no other man would be able to hold her or show her love like the way he was.

She groaned, forcing the frame flat against the desk.

It fell with a loud bang, the picture now hidden. "Whatever, liar." Devora talked back to the photo.

There was a diminutive faint knock on her closed door.

A ravishing Hoseok appeared contentedly on the other side, his gorgeous lips pulled, teeth as white as shining pearls.

"Dev! Good morning Devora~" He had a lithe and sing-song voice, immediately bringing light into her despairing room.

He gifted light into her glistening eyes, her heart smashing against her chest, as a hammer would, echoing through her ears.

He entered her room with a mug and a bowl of crisp-cut cucumbers.

Her lips curled, touched by her boss's thoughtful actions. "Hobi, is that for me?"

"Of course it is!" Hoseok enthused lovingly. "Lavender tea, and cucumbers to freshen your eyes up." He placed the bowl on the nightstand. "Getting up for work is probably going to be difficult for you, so I wanted to help you."

She sat up, shambling to the edge of her bed and tightly embracing the taller male. "You didn't have to do that, Hobi."

He chuckled, which brought much-needed resilience into her veins. "I just want you to feel better." His hand rubbed against her back in a friendly manner.

Devora grabbed the mug, entirely appreciative. "Maybe going to work won't be so hard when I have you." She mused, taking a sip of the warm beverage.

"I also made food, just, whenever you're ready to get out of bed and eat." He nodded, reaching for the doorknob, leaving to give her time to bask in her comforting tea, and prepare for a new day.

Devora reached for the slices of cucumbers, taking one and eating it with a loud crunch.

Hoseok turned over, stunned by the sudden chewing. "Dev, those are for your eyes, to get them hydrated." His blithe tone was bound to laughter, covering his mouth as he chuckled.

Devora stopped munching, looking at the small glass bowl. "Oh, I'm sorry I thought it was supposed to be like a snack or something." Warmth climbed on her cheeks, laughing at herself.

"Cute." He muttered, walking out of her room and shutting the door silently.

Devora looked down at her mug, a pleasant sensation stirred in her chest.

"Hobi." She whispered, tampering with the string attached to the teabag.

"It's... it's so nice to have you here."

˚。⋆୨୧⋆。˚