28. saved the best for last

028

028

Jungkook had his right eye pressed up against the camera in his hand, catching repetitive pictures while holding down on the button, his eyes narrowed as he converged on the many girls walking down the aisle.

Adjusting the lens when the lighting would switch on him, concentrating on taking precise pictures for his hyung.

He raised his head for a moment, watching as the dressed-up woman began to pursue backstage, finished with their march.

Looking back into his camera, he gently gasped when he saw Devora finally walking down the empty stage, all lights converging on her.

However, it wasn't just Jungkook who imperceptibly gulped at her unexpected entrance, practically everyone there gasped with such unfathomable expressions.

Devora was someone they've never seen before walking on Hoseok's runway. However, that wasn't what had caught them off guard.

It was her outfit. The color of her dress had everyone's rapt attention. The way it displayed every inch of her legs, how the stockings made insufficient efforts to conceal her revealed skin.

Though the audience was thoroughly astonished, they were shown to be fond and dazzled with the work Devora had on her body; applauding when she was at the end of the stage, leaving the countless other photographers to do their job, snapping pictures of her.

Since she was the last one, she had to remain at the end of the stage to let the other models join her, to finish their show with an appreciative bow.

Her poses were improvised, forgetting practically anything and everything that she was practicing the nights before.

With all the eyes on her and cognizant that there were many cameras, it stunned her internally — wiping her memory like that neuralyzer from Men in Black.

Taking influence from Jin, she kissed her fingers gently, blowing it to the crowd with a wink. Turning her body over to present the back piece of the dress, moving her head to the side, a fearless smile writhing on her lips for the cameras and audience.

Suddenly obtaining the courage to show off who she really was. Devora invariably wore clothes with long sleeves from insecurity.

This was her only opportunity to exhibit a side of herself that she always kept secret, debilitated from always having to hide it.

Her confidence emitted through her frame which effectively captivated the crowd, falling in love with her.

It was certainly only a fraction that Jungkook had never witnessed before. Devora was always withdrawn and reserved, yet, walking on stage touched the centerpiece of her. Drowning her with the perception of courage— something she hadn't felt in a long time.