16. a match

016

016

Heath had a mild hold on her. "Wait, let me get you a drink before you go."

Devora tried pulling away from his grasp, feeling his hold toughen. "No, just let me go." She demanded.

There was a hint of fury in his voice. "I don't understand, I'm being respectful and offering you all these things but yet here you are, rejecting my offers like some dumbass."

Devora felt her eyes widen, and her skin turned pale, before converting to a bright red from ire.

"Here you are being a douchebag all because you can't take no for an answer. You're a child." Her voice marred with annoyance, finally getting out of his grasp.

She looked down at the area he had hold of, noticing it was marked with his fingers; swelled with claret red by his petulant grip.

"I'm a child?" He stood up from his seat, "You're the one who denied my friendly requests, if anything you're the one who's a childish brat." Heath's voice boomed, growing heavier as he stepped up to her.

Devora had to crane her neck just to keep eye contact with him, not backing down.

She cocked her left brow, fists rounded beside her. "Oh please, you're twenty-four years old who can't take rejection, and who's stuck on his high school days of being a basketball player."

"At least I don't feed off my boss's friends like some whore." Heath said, assessing her by the most insignificant knowledge he had.

Devora was left speechless by his response. He knew nothing about her, yet there he was making inept assumptions about her.

It was difficult to fight the urge to just sock him in the face, or kick him where it really hurts. She didn't want to show him that his response flustered her. It wasn't true, so why should she get worked over something that she knew was a lie?

Her eyes flickered over to the right side of the room, noticing Jungkook watching her with an indecipherable cast on his face.

He took it as a sign she needed help with her situation. He got off his seat instantly to attend to her, with the male who was pressing her.

His hands fastened to her waist, pulling her slightly back into his hold. "Are you okay, babe?" Jungkook used nicknames, hoping the Devora would play along. "You haven't come back yet, and I got worried."

His eyes never left Devora when speaking to her.

Jungkook had an unbothered expression. "Who's this?" He glanced over at the guy in front of them.

Though Jungkook stood just a few inches below the man, it went unperturbed to him. Not an ounce in his body was intimidated at all, just because the guy was a little taller didn't mean anything to him.