89. forgiven

089

089

The two of them made it inside before Devora's fingers could have the opportunity to conceivably freeze off from the turbulent currents.

She just barely acknowledged how cold the temperature had become through the past weeks, which skipped over her head — too immersed in the breakup she was faced with during that asinine period.

Devora insisted that Jungkook shower first, not feeling the urge to get clean immediately after simply being at her parent's house.

She used the fleeting moment of being alone to sort out her sentiments.

She had feelings for him, she knew this and wasn't afraid to admit it — to herself.

What truly was her issue was coming up with a way to tell Jungkook.

There was no right opportunity for it.

How was she supposed to admit that she loved him after resenting him? He would practically demand he knows why she changed her mind so suddenly.

Saying she snooped through his personal belongings wasn't a rather charming answer.

These unyielding doubts nagged at her, causing her to descend into this perverse, and never-ending unnerving session, which seemed to make an infallible impression on her to bite her tongue and swallow her feelings.

Before she was able to take the next train that would travel further into her painstaking thoughts, there was a tiny knock at the front door.

Tiny.

Almost like a small fist was patting against the wood, hardly making an effective sound.

Devora turned her head from the couch, looking toward the front door.

'Should I be getting that?' Devora thought to herself, looking over to the bathroom at the start of the hall.

Devora assumed he was still in there, the light was still on, but the water had stopped running.

She got up from the couch, deciding to just open it and not keep them — whoever it was — waiting.

The door quietly squeaked upon opening it, immediately meeting eyes with a young girl.

She had to be at least nine or ten years old, she was a child.

The smile she had on her cherub face slightly sputtered in confusion, expecting a man to open the door rather than an unfamiliar woman.

"Um, hi." She mumbled, shuffling in her shoes.

The young girl held a piece of dark chocolate cake in both hands, protecting the plate as she pressed it close against her chest.

Her dark brown hair was up out of her face, slight wispy's creeping against her sideburns.

Devora gave her a gentle smile. "Hi, are you looking for Jungkook?" Slightly leaning on her knees, so as not to unnerve her.