60. table dancing

060

060

It had been well over an hour since Jungkook had heard from both Devora and Jimin.

The boy with turquoise strands kept looking over his shoulder, taking a glance at who was at the bar — deprecated when they weren't there. He wasn't able to call Devora either, she had left her purse with him, which also had her phone.

Jungkook sighed, a hand hovering above his lips.

He was the only one who wasn't out dancing.

Even the other members placed themselves in new areas of the club to talk with new people.

But, he was in no position to complain.

After all, he was the one who wanted to watch over Devora, acting as her bodyguard for the night.

And he didn't even mind that, he just wished he wasn't alone at that moment.

All through the night, people were praising and shouting the lyrics to all the party songs that played over the speakers.

However, this new clique of people applauding was distinctive.

It was almost as if they were cheering someone on.

His hooded eyes narrowed as he examined the dancing area, squinting when he noticed a male climbing onto a table that was near the entrance.

Jungkook stiffened, his once slackened body was now clipped in apprehension when he realized who that male was.

"Jimin?" He whispered to himself, biting his lip.

He watched as Jimin slightly bent over, trying to get somebody to join him on the mahogany table.

It was a woman.

Not just any woman.

It was Devora.

In a blink of an eye, Jungkook rose to his feet.

All he was thinking was how sober Devora would not approve of herself dancing on a table. Even if it was with Jimin, if she found out she was dancing in front of everybody, she'd be chagrin and humiliated the next day.

Jungkook didn't mind her dancing with Jimin, however, with all the other guys at the club, and with Devora wearing a skirt it didn't seem like a good idea.

And if any of those men tried anything, Jungkook would be perturbed with himself for not being able to watch her or be there to prevent it from happening.

He pushed himself through the small slits of the gathering crowd, not bothering to apologize to the people he bumped shoulders with as he darted straight for Devora.

Before Jimin was able to fully pull her body onto the table, Jungkook was there grabbing onto Devora's hip to cover the back part of her.

As soon as Jungkook got there to settle things down, Jimin was entirely aware of how wrong it was for him to do the things he was going to do.