69. entrance

069

069

Her fingers brushed against the satin forest green dress she donned for that evening, the shawl scarf clinging to her arms.

Hoseok's father would be hosting a small dinner party in his backyard, in favor of his son's engagement and the new chapter that he would be starting in his life.

Devora wasn't too stressed out about it. What truly stunned her was the driver and the limo that Hoseok's father had ordered for them.

That slightly assembled a cluster of tense knots in her gut.

Although Hoseok and Devora weren't actually engaged, she had to truly play this part if she wanted Hoseok to finally have his independence.

Meaning, she had to create a satisfactory impression on his parents and older sister.

That's what unnerved her.

The limo also intimidated her, just a bit.

She had never been a passenger in a limo before, and she never expected her first time to be with a pretend fiance.

I'm helping a friend out.

Is what Devora incessantly revised to herself, knowing that it was sufficient enough to validate her actions.

Hoseok needed help, it wasn't long term, it was just until he was able to get his things back from his harsh father.

That's all.

Hobi watched her countenance, silently musing to herself and nodding in agreement with her hushed reflections.

"How are you feeling?" He questioned, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Devora removed her focus from her white heel sandals, meeting eyes with a concerned and committed Hoseok.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just nervous because I want things to work out." She maintained her apprehension, trying to keep herself together.

"Things will work out, and everything will be fine." Hobi's optimistic methods flowed through his words, giving her an encouraging smile.

"I just hope they like me," She laughed, her perspective now invigorated by his hopeful remarks.

Hoseok shook his head. "Dev, everybody likes you, you don't even have to try." His bronze eyes swirled with admiration.

Devora felt her chest grow fuzzy, bashful from his praises.

"Your outfit is perfect too, my mom loves the color green." He eyed her dress in the lowest lighting the limo supplied.

It was a dress that was a bit longer than the ones she normally wore, reaching down to her knees. It was also looser, not skin-tight. She wanted to wear something that was modest and something that covered her body out of consideration.

It was a spaghetti strap, so wearing the shawl scarf was a must if she wanted her shoulders and back to be shielded out of view.

"Oh good," Devora sighed, thoroughly relieved. "I just wore green because I figured we'd have dinner in a gazebo, and it would match the green around us."

"Well, the flower is a perfect touch." Hoseok mentioned the small white daisy that was placed in the center of the hair tie.

Devora put her hair in a half up half down. It was something not too extravagant, but it also beats simply leaving her hair down in sitting curls like how she normally had it.

"Thank you, Hoseok." Grinning, trying to disregard the warmth that climbed over her body.

She didn't realize the car had gone stationary for a moment. She heard the driver close his door, making his way to the backseat to retrieve the two.

Devora thanked him as he held the door open, immediately stunned from words when she saw the large house right in front of her.

It was a two-story home, with large windows on almost every corner. It had an open balcony on the second floor, a moderate amount of space was there for sitting and simply watching the view from high up above.

Hoseok was beside her again, removing her from her trance. "The garden is right over here." He instructed, pointing at the small wooden door that was placed on the right side of the lavish home.

She held onto his arm, allowing him to lead the way over to the small, wooden gate.

He opened the door for her, permitting her to step inside first.

The side of the house was on her left shoulder, along with a shrub bush on her other shoulder, creating a walkway and urging her to keep walking forward.

Hoseok was alongside her once more, grabbing onto her hand and squeezing it to let her know that he was next to her the entire time.

She valued that, walking close to him.

The transient walkway unfurled into a considerably extensive lawn, the grass was vicariously green and vibrant, absolutely no dried patches were on it.

The impeccable looks of the gorgeous grass made her believe it was turf.

Who knew grass could be so stunning?

The cement squares led them into the middle of the yard, with white camellia bushes on each side.

It gave her something to look at. A captivating scenery that had the outstanding capability of soothing her trepidations for just a moment.

She could feel her heartbeat settle for once, watching the sky gradually vanish into piercing dusk that the moon would soon bring.

How gorgeous it was to witness the sky change colors, the sun gifting the atmosphere with its lovely shades of orange and red.

The serenity inside her remained present for just a few seconds, having to be confronted with the reality that she was going to have to meet the parents of her pretend fiance.

How she had to look suitable and act appropriately for them.

Up ahead was a patio with an outdoor hardtop gazebo.

It was painted in charcoal gray, silver-shaded curtains tied to the wooden legs on the corners, with a table sitting in the middle of it all with food and plates.

She furrowed her eyebrows when she realized that there were mostly men sitting on the chairs. His parents were there, and his sister Jiwoo was there, too.

But, there were six men sitting on the chairs that were facing away from the garden, two of them were sitting at the end of the table.

Her heart smashed against her chest in catastrophic devastation, encountering reality, and acknowledging that the members were there.

Hoseok said nothing about their appearance.

Did he even know they were going to be there?

They were sitting with Hoseok's small family, waiting on him to show up with his fiance.

Jungkook was there too.

He was dressed in a plain black button-up, his vibrant blue hair strands still visible in the lighting.

Neither of them turned over to look at Hoseok and Devora until Hoseok's father got up from his seat with a satisfied expression.

That's when all heads turned towards them.

The anticipating smiles that were once on each boy's face' soon plunged, eyes growing wider than the blue pacific ocean.

It wasn't until she met eyes with Jungkook that she felt her promising and vivacious spirit crumble away, disintegrating and rotting quickly, in response to the bewilderment and distress in his pristine obsidian eyes.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚