84. arguments

084

084

After the waitress brought the bill over to Jungkook along with the to-go boxes, they both decided it was time to leave.

Devora was indisputably dreading the car ride home with him, purposely dragging her feet just to make the walk in parking lot much longer than it had to be.

She was even dreading to be dropped off alone at her apartment as well, dithered on the idea of staying in a place that was broken into not even two nights ago.

She planned on not speaking during the trip home, she was too occupied in this tangling web her mind created. Trapping her, and causing her to think about what Jungkook did to that group of college boys.

It made her think if he put an end to it quickly, then what made her believe that he would listen to her, and not go seek out her stalker?

Actually, now that she was giving it her painstaking attention, why was Jungkook so late to work in the morning?

He was almost never late when it came to meetings with all the members.

Not to mention, he had brought two cups of coffee over to the office.

Devora licked her lips, keeping her hands placed above the bag — given out by the restaurant — as she kept her eyes out on the passenger window, solely catching mere glimpses of the building and lights.

Jungkook looked over at her for a brief moment, shifting his attention back to the road.

"Did you enjoy your food?"

He was thoroughly aware she wasn't too blithe about the particular topics they discussed, but that didn't mean it eradicated the tasting flavor of her meal.

Her fingers toyed with the bag, humming. "Yeah, um the food was nice." Devora looked at his hands that remained on the wheel. "Thank you, by the way, for the dinner, and for saving my ass back there with those men."

He gave a grim laugh. "Those were not men, just a group of boys." He glanced over his shoulder before switching lanes. "And there's no need to thank me for doing that. You're welcome for dinner, though."

"It was nice getting to see you again." The boy with short raven hair went on to proceed.

Devora nodded, staring out the windshield.

"How was your day?" He asked genuinely, driving onward.

She remained silent, abstaining from striking an enjoyable and normal conversation with him.

She kept reminding herself of his absence that morning, Devora knew exactly why he was late. She just didn't want to admit that he went out and looked for that guy, Kaden.

Devora didn't even give him a name, and Jungkook immediately knew it was him.

"Sounds like you had a fantastic day." He ripped the silence apart with his stony flat voice. "Don't worry, we'll talk about my day, alright babe?"