3. under his wing

003

003

Devora looked around her spacious living room, a satisfied nod to her head recognizing all the hard work she got done.

Having to wake up hours before work even started just to clean up the vacant boxes and styrofoam pieces that were all over her linoleum floor. There was a bittersweet feeling in her chest when she grasped that she's moved out of her parent's home, being able to start her grown-up life.

The only downside to her new adulting was not being able to see her younger brother and her endearing parents as often as before.

Sleeping in an empty apartment gave her the chills when she knew she was alone and had to deal with obstacles by herself.

However, they still messaged her whenever they had the opportunity. Despite running back and forth due to her busy schedule, she forced time exclusively for her small family.

As she strapped her heels on for another day of work, her phone vibrated, and a unique ringtone — that she had customized for Hoseok's contact — played.

She picked up in a heartbeat, never leaving Hoseok idling by for her answer.

"Good morning Hoseok." Her glossy lips pressed into a prudent smile, still a tad mystified to hear from him at such an early hour.

"Good morning Dev!" His voice was warm, lively to start a new day at work, "You're not busy are you?"

"No, I'm free right now," She grabbed her purse from the hook by her front door, "Actually I'm on my way to work." Devora added to her statement.

"Let's meet up for breakfast," Suggested Hoseok, "I have news I need to discuss with you."

Devora wasn't one to question him, and neither was she going to pass up on having breakfast with him.

It seemed like she would have a nice time. Normally she would just have some toast in the morning, how could she say no to some real filling breakfast after a week of eating nothing but pre-packaged foods and plain grain?

She met up with her boss at a nearby cafe that served fresh breakfast. She ordered herself a big meal, which Hobi insisted on, wanting to have her eat something with more calories to keep her fed.

It was a charming place, rather small, however, it had lots of windows, allowing one to see the peaceful wind breeze through the green trees, and towering buildings in the city of Seoul.

But, the best part of it all was the delish coffee smell that percolated the air with its tangible essence. Business people and students took advantage of the free service with their laptops.

Devora saw it as one of those places where people always try to rush out of, getting their coffee and quickly leaving for work. Nobody really ever took a chance to stop their animosity; to just take in the inconspicuous tranquility that it held.