72. resolve the issues

072

072

"I know we can be good friends, but please don't hurt my brother if he ends up catching feelings."

The quick discussion Devora had with Jiwoo played in her head, unable to let go of what she told her.

"What do you mean catch feelings?" Devora had scoffed a laugh, puzzled. "He won't do that."

"Well, he seemed pretty serious when he was talking about his admiration for you."

Jiwoo mentioned the part of dinner where Hoseok revealed he loved her, and how he described her to be his other half.

Solely thinking about it made her chest tighten.

But, there was just no way Hoseok meant it in that way. He was only pretending to be released from his father's controlling grasp.

Devora wouldn't believe it.

"The way he stares at you says it all." Jiwoo went on to uncover when Devora was silent.

She ran a brush through her damp hair, visualizing the events that occurred earlier that day.

'The way he looks at me?' She thought to herself, dubiously.

Devora already had so much on her plate with her situation involving Jungkook, she couldn't be stressed over the thought of her boss having intimate feelings for her.

She was being faced with too many vulnerable emotions to even try and sort her feelings out about Hoseok.

Devora wasn't just gonna let that enigma roam through her intellect along with her issues with Jungkook.

It would be implicitly embarrassing — for the both of them — but she needed to ask Hobi if he truly does have feelings for her.

She let her damp hair fall over her shoulders, water slightly soaking through the old college T-shirt. Normally, she would blow-dry her hair, but she was exasperated that night.

It was barely ten p.m. and all she wanted to do was unfurl on her mattress under her comforting blanket.

She opened her bedroom door, peeking out over Hoseok's bedroom seeing that his door was open.

'I'm guessing he finished his shower, right?' Shoulders dropped with a sigh, now having to confront him about his feelings for her.

Something that she never asked herself was what if he actually did like her?

What would she do? How would she react?

'No way. That's stupid. He would never.' Shivering at the distaste that was brought on her tongue from those thoughts.

It's not that Hoseok was a bad person.

Hoseok was truly an extraordinary man, he was the person that could lift up a cheerless room. Bringing all his optimistic and sprightly emotions along with him that everyone was influenced by.