79. love is not over

079

079

Jungkook tapped his heel against the wood floor precipitously, checking on the time that ticked on his phone.

He sighed, growing rather impatient, disheveling the sable hair strands off his forehead.

Before Jungkook had left the office, Hoseok had stopped him, telling him that it was essential for the both of them to finally talk to each other.

No berated comments or sentiments sufficed with ire.

Hoseok wanted to chat with him civilly, as urbane companions again, like they once were.

If Jungkook was being honest, he knew that what occured between him and Devora was going to take extreme solitude in order to repair what they had.

However, when it came to his friendship with Hobi — Jungkook knew that all they needed to do was talk once, and it would be as though nothing ever happened between them.

It comforted him to know that he didn't entirely lose Hobi as a friend, that's the last thing he'd ever want for himself.

How woeful it would be if he had to come to terms with losing not only his soulmate but, having to acknowledge a crumpled bond shared between a close friend of almost ten years.

The small chime at the front door sounded, letting employees know that yet another customer had reached the cafe.

Jungkook looked over his shoulder, tilting his head to pass the bodies of other customers, and raising his hand to capture Hoseok's attention.

"Hyung!" He slightly shouted, clearing his throat.

Hobi's tight expression descended into a pool of contentment, meeting eyes with his camaraderie.

Jungkook's lips curled into an involuntary smile, unexpectedly elated to finally reunite with his hyung.

He got up from his seat, allowing Hobi to close the gap between the both of them.

"Jaykayyy." Hobi rhapsodized in a charming voice, his arms opening in an inviting embrace.

He smiled, ears burning in euphoria. "J-hope." He returned in a gushing voice, pleased nothing between them changed.

Jungkook hugged him, patting his back and pulling him in as if they hadn't seen each other in years.

Though it may have felt that way to both of them, it had only been two weeks.

After their endearing interaction, they both released each other, sitting across from one another in their seats.

"It's so nice to talk to you again, Jungkookie." Hobi's cheeks were carved with miniature dimples.

"Same here, hyung." Jungkook nodded exuberantly, high off Hobi's emitting vibrance. "I was shocked when you told me you wanted to talk to me, I didn't think you ever wanted to see me."