33. presumptuous

033

033

He had thrown on one of Brenton Wood's albums, the one with the blue cover that her father had let her have as one of her first records when she was first gifted the record player. Jungkook definitely knew his music, he even knew his oldies, which was remarkably rare in such a day in age.

She only listened to oldies because of her parents — mostly her father — when they would play the CDs during car rides, in the early brisk mornings when she was being driven to middle school, and even on family road trips.

With the windows rolled down, allowing the stimulating breeze to sneak in the car, her hair wild and knotted from the havoc winds that abreast the speedy vehicle.

She would arrive at places with bed head hair, small wispy's sticking up from her head like she forgot to spray on hairspray to lock her strands together.

Devora always seemed to have a deprecating look that was irrevocably etched on her face whenever they played the classical CDs, yet, whenever she was alone, she would play them and dance alone in her small cubic bedroom.

With that same music playing, she got a sense of nostalgia that throbbed against her chest, fire rising through the pit of her stomach, guilt-tripping herself into thinking she needed to visit her family more often than she already did.

This feeling almost made her forget about the dancing man who swayed back and forth in front of her.

Almost had her forget.

His intrusive hands were still enclosed on her body, pulling her into reality.

His left hand was clasped with her right hand, while his right hand lay just above her lower back, while Devora's left hand remained on his shoulder.

If she was being honest, Devora had never slow danced before.

It was as clear as daylight that Jungkook knew what he was doing, explaining to her exactly where to put her hands, keeping a miniature gap between the two, setting a modest boundary for them.

"What's running through your head, right now?" Jungkook was curious, his acute cheeks were so beautifully sculpted — able to gain a comprehensive peek at his attractive features.

"How my parents used to always play this album in the car, wherever we went out." She told him honestly, no hesitance rummaging through her soft-spoken voice. "What about you? What's running through your head, right now?"

Devora grinned teasingly, quoting him word-for-word like a mocking child.

He looked up at the ceiling for a moment, licking his pliant lower lip. "Well, if we're being honest, I was thinking it was presumptuous of you to invite me to your house when we're not even a couple, yet." His fingertips gently towed at the ends of her hair, rubbing her back.