63. late night conversations

063

063

Devora had changed out of her clothes, putting on comfier and larger attire for her night's rest. Jungkook waited patiently in her living room, sitting until she gave him the okay, allowing him to enter her room.

Jungkook was still in a pair of jeans, laying his back against the headboard of Devora's bed.

"I'm sorry I don't have any comfy clothes for you to wear." She apologized, sitting in front of his relaxed body.

He dismissed her apology, waving his hand. "Don't worry about me, I'm okay with what I have on. As long as my girl's comfortable." He assured her, the corner of his lip curled into a playful smile.

Her belly was invaded by butterflies, acknowledging how captivatingly stunning Jungkook looked in the pearlescent moonlight. The shining glimmers of the bright rays peeked in through her bedroom window, accentuating his pretty eyes, and that mole underneath his lip.

Her breathing sputtered, grinning at his nicknames, looking down at her toying fingers.

He nudged her softly with the side of his leg, chuckling. "Why are you so far away? Come lay with me."

His low gravelly voice rose the tiny hairs on the back of her neck, blushing as she followed his order, gingerly shuffling her way over to the space he made, idling for her arrival.

She placed her head above his strong chest, positioning her leg over his, along with an arm hung over his torso.

Devora rose amidst the rhythm of his breathing, gently rocking her up and down like a baby in a cradler.

She could fall asleep right there, solely by the tranquility that seeped off his sculpted warm figure.

His hand carefully latched above her head, combing her soft hair with his long fingers, slowly massaging the top of her head with the tips of his digits.

She melted under his soothing touch, mumbling to herself in satisfaction and euphoria.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a quiet murmur, feeling his chest rumble against her left ear.

"Yeah, I'm okay. All that yelling and arguing just reminded me of the time Adele passed." She lamented to him, trying hard to keep her eyes open.

Jungkook shut his eyes, shame and remorse flooding over him. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Devora looked up at him. "There's really not much to talk about. My family just argued a lot after her passing, and it was something I didn't know I buried inside me, that's why I reacted the way I did during the whole scene in the parking lot."

She lifted herself off from his chest, joining him against the headboard, facing each other.

"I'm sorry you had to experience those memories again." He placed his hand on the side of her hip, caressing her with his thumb.