26. champaign & apologies

025

025

Things had finally coalesced, it was the day everyone was saving the date for, something people stayed at the edge of their seat for, exultant to see Hoseok's new clothing line, as well as getting to see Hoseok himself.

Devora had all day and night to get her convulsing fear together, but, no amount of chamomile tea or essential oils would get her relaxed for something like a fashion show.

She had to give it to the models, they make walking appear to be so easy when it's done in front of pools of cameras.

She was reminded of who would be there to take her picture when she walked down that runway.

Jungkook would be there, a flashing camera in his hands taking countless photos of her in the dress she designed and put together with Hoseok and his magnificent team.

Suddenly, the urge to vomit invaded her empty stomach, burning acid mounting with no food to ameliorate that firey sensation.

Devora calmed herself down, reminded that the other members would be there to support her.

Hoseok and Jimin came into mind when she thought about her supporting friends, her mother would be seated in the crowd, too.

That factor seemed to appease her vacant stomach, that lump in her throat being forcefully washed away with her aching heartbeats.

Driving there was no problem, it gave her time to think and settle some emotions. The drive wasn't so far, it was in the middle of Seoul, so that would mean a fifteen-minute drive to the arena where the showcase would be held.

Hoseok made it clear the day before that she had to bring her work ID with her to show the security, letting her in through the back where the parking lot was.

That would lead her straight to the dressing rooms; where the models would change and alter clothing.

Devora made it through the security, coming in early to have some time to sit and take a peek at the crowds by the runway aisle.

It wasn't surprising to see that many of the models were already there, hanging out together as a whole.

However, what truly amazed her was the fact that Seokjin was there, talking to models that surrounded him with laughter.

He was in partnership with their agencies, so he must have stayed in contact with each of the ladies pretty often.

Before she was able to push herself to make conversation with someone, she got a call from Hoseok.

Devora answered the phone quickly, not letting it ring more than three times, "Yes, Hoseok?"

"Hey, Dev! Did you make it to the place?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm here where the models get ready." She confirmed. "Are you here too? I see Jin is back here, but I'm not too sure where the other members are?" Devora questioned, setting her purse down on one of the vanities.