11. invitation

001

001

Ecstatic upon telling her mother about the great news of her recent success, Devora packed her things five minutes earlier before call-off time to get a head start, unable to maintain her antsy behavior.

It was perfect timing.

It was a Friday, which meant Devora would be able to bring drinks over and share her achievements with her family for the weekend.

She was in a spry mood, tapping her heels on the floor sprightly.

Vibrant laughs came from Hoseok's closed office, the energetic music of the other members made its presence known within the building.

Through all her enthusiasm, Devora overlooked the fact that the boys had plans to hang out at the bar that evening. Waiting in Hobi's room until he called off of work.

Hoseok still chose to complete his work hours, staying as long as he needed to if it meant getting his duties completed — not knowing when to call it quits.

She exhaled through her nostrils, reaching for the power button of her Mac to shut things down.

The muffled voices coming from Hoseok's office became loud and clear once the door opened.

"Dev, Hey!" Hoseok broke the buzzing silence. "Are you getting ready to leave now?" He asked, walking up to the front of her desk.

"Yeah! Why, did you need something before I go?" Habitually, she was searching for a pen and paper, ready to write down his requests.

He waved his hands. "No, no! I was just asking because we're going to the bar, and I want you to tag along with us!"

Devora pondered at the words he used — specifically the 'I want you to' — which inflated her to know he genuinely wanted her to go with them.

She suddenly remembered the conversation she had with Jimin and Jungkook nights ago, back at the coffee shop.

Her shoulders collapsed, muddled. "I truly appreciate you inviting me, Hoseok, but I don't want to... you know, be the only girl who tags along with all you guys."

Hoseok's head angeled, displaying the confusion that clouded up his mind. "What do you mean? They won't mind you going, I promise, Devora."

"Hey, what's going on? Are we leaving soon?" Jin poked his head out.

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah, I'm just trying to get Devora to come with us."

That made her lips pin into a line, abashed that she declined Hoseok's friendly offer.

It's not that she was uncomfortable tagging along with only guys because, in reality, it truly didn't bother her. It was moreover the thought of making the others uncomfortable or cumbersome by her unexpected invitation.

"What?" His voice was tainted with puzzlement. "What do you mean? She doesn't wanna come with us?" Jin seemed almost offended, putting a hand over his chest, his jaw dropped.

His reaction loosened the stubborn knot in her stomach, laughing at his amusing acts.

"Wait, did you just say that Devora doesn't want to come?" Jimin's head propped itself above Jin's shoulder almost instantly after hearing their small discussion.

"N-No! It's not that I don't want to hang out with you guys!" Devora defended herself, getting up off her seat, "It's just-"

"It's just that you think we don't know how to have fun because we always seem so serious." Namjoon's husky voice pried into the conversation. "Right?" Eyes squinting, giving her a look of displeasure, comically.

Devora became timid, imagining he was serious. "Oh no, of course not! I mean, I know you all know how to have fun." She babbled, making Jin snicker at her jumble of words.

"Just come with us, I promise that you'll have some fun." Hoseok coaxed, his sparkling beseeched eyes were impossible to turn down.

She felt pressured with all the eyes on her.

Devora nodded, giving into their cajoling ways. "Okay then, I'll tag along with you guys." Grabbing her purse from the seat behind her, pushing the chair in.

Hoseok was delighted, pleased that it only took four of them to change her mind in under three minutes.

"Hey, are we all leaving now?" Jungkook whittled into the conversation, his chiseled figure stepping out of Hoseok's office.

"Yeah, we just had to convince Devora to come along with us." Jimin recounted the altercation that went down between the five of them.

Jungkook's chaste eyes directed to Devora who was moving to stand by Hoseok.

He smiled. "You are coming, right?"

"Of course! I figured I could use a break, anyway."

Jungkook's heart spiraled, grateful that she was heading out with them.

It would give him the opportunity to talk to her and get to know her better, considering the fact that he was always so timid when talking to her inside the office.

Going out to the bar would be an advantage, a perfect place for just chatting and drinking.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚