8. doubt

008

008

"You don't think it's a little too... I don't know, plain?" Boseong's eyes scanned Devora's sketch for the fashion show, tapping his finger on the counter.

Devora huffed at Boseong's brash comment. "Hey, I asked for constructive criticism, not rude and bleak." Pulling the paper away from him, keeping it safe near her chest.

He put his hands up in defense. "No, it's nice and I like it, but I think it would be nicer if you added some glitter or some leather arm gloves."

Devora looked at the sketch once more, trying to visualize what Boseong insinuated.

'Maybe glitter would give it a better look, so it's not just all plain?' Devora reflected, putting the paper down to pick up a pencil.

"So like glitter on the top part of the dress, and maybe some on the chiffon material down here," Devora was mumbling to herself, mapping it out on the paper.

Boseong hedged over her. "What is chiffon?" He muttered, mystified, not understanding a word that came out of her mouth.

She glanced up at him and released a small chuckle. "Chiffon is kinda like the material brides use for their veils, you know? I added it to the bottom of the dress, like a gown."

Boseong just nodded, pretending he understood what she was talking about. All he really grasped was the material of veils, and how her dress was a ball gown.

Devora showed him the sketch once more, wearing a satisfied grin.

The gown was lightly glittered from top to bottom, hugging the top of the wearer's body up until the lower half of the pelvic area as it then transitioned into the chiffon material. The dress fit snug on the upper body and left shoulder, as it was a one-shoulder drape.

The veiling material did the bare minimum to keep the legs of the wearer concealed, with sheer black stockings, and a pair of high heels worn on the model figure.

Devora did infuse Boseong's suggestions — to mollify his critiques — with the glitter and arm leather gloves.

He gave an approving hum. "It looks great! When will you turn it into Mr. Jung?"

"Hmm, today at the end of work. That's when I'll turn it in." She grimaced tentatively, looking at her sketch again.

"You're nervous to turn it in, aren't you?" He put his palm under his chin, sensing the tangible hesitation that percolated off her stiff figure.

She stammered. "No, it's just..." Devora desperately searched for an excuse — to no avail.

"Well, can you blame me? Hoseok is a nice person but he is ruthless when it comes to this kinda thing, and—and I honestly wanna win this, it would be a big opportunity."

Devora went on a rant, massaging the back of her neck.

"Dev? C'mon, the sketch is really nice, it's ostentatious and out there, it deserves to be on a runway worn by models." He encouraged her.

"Ostentatious?" Devora repeated his words with ambiguity, looking down at her work.

"Yeah! You know, like showy or—extravagant!" He pointed with a snap, attaining the perfect word to describe the gown.

Devora tried to shake off her muddle, pushing herself to set her sketch in the stacking pile above Hoseok's desk.

Many people walked past her desk that morning, wanting to give a shot at entering their designs into his fashion show.

Dev was elusive, keeping her eyes away from other designs — in terror that she would disapprove of her own from any other good ones that would join the collection.

She had been working on the piece for a week, solely planning and researching ideas on what she wanted the garment to look like — asking her mother for advice and what material would fit best.

Since her mother used to create clothes of her own, Devora knew asking for her mother's help would be significant.

She was one of the reasons why Devora was so heavily enthralled with fashion in the first place, always helping Sakina with clothes and giving her ideas when she asked for inspiration on what to create next.

Still, at that moment, Devora was doing what she shouldn't have been; discrediting her work and the time she put into sketching everything.

Devora sent Boseong back to his seat being that the members would be showing up soon for another awaited meeting.

She pushed herself out from her chair, pulling her dress down inconspicuously preventing it from rising.

She sensed how tight her throat had become.

Parched. as if she hadn't had a sip of water in days.

Holding the sketch in a tight grasp, she stepped through his office.

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚