71. truth

071

071

Hoseok's parents had left to retrieve the gift that they had waiting for the fake couple, while Jiwoo excused herself to use the bathroom.

Devora wouldn't doubt that Jiwoo didn't even feel the need to use the bathroom — she just didn't want to be left with the eight of them to hear their discussions of bafflement in response to the situation.

And she was right, because, as soon as the guys saw Jiwoo's figure dissipate into the swallowing flower bushes, all their curious eyes darted in one motion towards Devora and Hobi.

"Okay, what the hell is going on between you two?" Taehyung was the first to demand an answer, speaking for himself and the other men.

"Yeah, you were literally with Jungkook two days ago?" Jin murmured, looking around. "Is this like an open relationship or something?"

"Hobi, when did you become a homewrecker bro?" Yoongi voiced, sipping his champagne with wandering eyes.

All but only one vocalized their patronizing reflections.

Jungkook sat quietly in his seat, not pushing to look up at the rest of the members nor Devora.

He kept silently to himself.

"He's not a homewrecker," Explained Devora. "And we're not actually engaged, we're just faking it so his father can finally leave him alone about marriage and responsibilities."

"So... you two planned out this fake engagement so Hoseok's father would leave him alone?" Jin repeated Devora, trying to grasp the situation as a whole.

Hoseok nodded. "Yes, he's been pestering me for years about having a family, and marrying somebody I can share my money with."

"I knew it," Namjoon muttered, readjusting himself in his chair. "I figured that was the case as soon as I saw you two get here."

"Okay, well that explains part of it," Jimin sighed, rubbing his neck. "But, that doesn't explain why you didn't tell us. Hobi, we're like brothers, why didn't you say your dad was bugging you?"

"Yeah, we could have helped you." Taehyung appended Jimin's statement.

"I didn't want to make you guys worry about me. I thought my dad would just want to meet my fake fiance, then it would be over. I wouldn't have to relive this day, but I didn't think he'd bring everyone along." Hoseok shared, telling them exactly what he told Devora.

Jungkook had his head down, his fingers drawing loops on his pants — their voices dispersing as his pelting thoughts took over his mind, forcing him to silence out the voices around him.

He had no comment on the situation, nor did he want to deliver his opinions to everyone.

The emotions plunged on his chest, suddenly feeling as if he couldn't breathe properly with the bombarding sentiments.