38. hair dye

038

038

The weekend ended up coming by, and Devora could not be more happy about it.

Her unsinkable spry energy did have to do with the fact that she would be seeing Jungkook, but also because she would finally get a two-day resignation from work.

Working all week from eight a.m. to staying overtime with Hoseok was truly taking a toll on her weary body, she felt tethered at her desk, constantly receiving calls from multiple clients and associates that wished to speak with Hoseok.

Because of that, he was never able to get to the ample amount of work on his desk, which meant she had to stay until she saw that Hoseok did some of them, at least.

Although he claimed he didn't need help, she still accompanied him in his large, lonely office.

It seemed like he needed a companion there with him, Hoseok seemed inexplicably subdued when he was deserted with documents to accompany him.

He simply thanked her, but Devora could tell that he felt much more appreciative about her staying with him.

She could see it directly in his smile, and glistening bronze eyes, melting away in fluster from her courteous behavior.

Devora was just glad to be there for him, he was an amazing boss and such an affable person. He truly deserved every bit of support, even if it had to be illustrated by one person.

But, she would be trying to forget about work and indignant thoughts for that weekend. To give Jungkook her undivided attention that Saturday evening.

It would be the first time she would be going over to his apartment, something about him wanting her help in dying his hair.

He didn't tell her the color he would be switching off to, or maybe he was just going to be coloring his grown-out roots with more black dye?

She couldn't say for certain.

Devora may have gotten lost when searching for his place, there were just so many floors and numbers, that it was practically inexorable for her to get lost.

Not to mention all the brickbat glares she was getting from the people who lived there, puzzled as to who she was and how she was able to get in.

"Finally, after all this running around I've been doing." Devora sighed, patting the sweat off her forehead from her everlasting scavenger hunt.

She knocked on his door, catching her breath.

Immediately, the door swung open with Jungkook standing on the other side, his adorable teeth balancing his charming look.

"Your apartment complex is so huge." Devora lamented to him, "I got lost like four times, I think? I stopped counting after the third one." She fanned her hot face, puffing air out of her wet lips.

He laughed at her complaints, finding her distress to be utterly adorable. "Your search is over, come inside."

Jungkook opened the door wider, inviting her inside his seemingly lively place.

"Thanks, Jk." Her scorching cheeks eventually cooled down with the crisp air that blew on her face, cold air flowing out the ventilation inside his living room.

"Here, let me take that." He thoughtfully proposed, slightly tugging on her purse.

"Oh, yeah thank you!" She made it easier for him, slipping her arms out and handing it to him.

She removed her shoes, setting them beside his front door.

Devora inspected his place, regarding the distinctive smell of candles that fumed the air with its lovely scent.

His apartment smelled like men's cologne, having her believe he sprayed a few drops before he went and answered the door. The charcoal couches had their arms out, almost like it was welcoming her to sit on its sheltered pillows.

A navy blue blanket hung from the top of the headrests, making her want to plunge her body onto the couch and nap for days.

The black coffee table sat in front of the couch, as well as two mini tables beside each of the couch's arms.

There was an open unlit candle sitting on the table that Devora presumed the enchanting scent came from.

The neat floors were mahogany brown, retaining the ambiance Jungkook went for with his dark furniture.

"Wow, everything seems so clean and organized here." Her eyes glistened as she marveled at all the items in his apartment. "It smells great in here, too."

"Why, thank you. I try and keep everything in place, it gives me inner peace." He chimed, grabbing onto her hand. "Come, let's get my hair dyed, we can order food after."

She followed aimlessly behind him, allowing him to guide her through his home.

"Oh? And what's going to be my reward for dying your hair?" Devora implored, squeezing onto his hand.

He stopped walking, stepping inside his capacious bathroom.

The place was like two regular-sized bathrooms, doubled.

There was a shower and a separate bathtub on the left side of the room, Jungkook had a sink with two faucets and one large glass mirror being shared by both sinks.

Not a single smudge was on that mirror.

It was impressive.

Then, of course, the modern-looking toilet on the right side of the room.

"Holy crap, your bathroom is humungous." An incredulous tone strapped her voice, stepping into his fancy bathroom.

The wall tiles were almost a light grey watered down with white. Not too dark, or too light in there. The floor was ashen grey, which again, added to the look he was going for throughout his apartment.

"Thank you, sometimes I feel like it's too fancy or too big for me." Jungkook stated, rummaging through the drawers.

He brought out a black bowl and a bristled brush for the dye.

"Oh, and isn't it obvious what your reward is for dying my hair?" He tilted his head in question, glancing at Devora who was still sequestered near the doorway.

"Free food, and a tour of my apartment."

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚