77. forty five roses

077

077

The weekend had come by quicker than Devora anticipated. She expected Hoseok to go over and have dinner with her as promised, but he ended up being a no-show.

He explained to her that something had transpired with his family, and he had to stay with his parents for the weekend.

Devora planned to do the same, go over to her parent's house, and spend quality time with her family. But, it would only keep her occupied for so long, until she had to go back to her apartment and be left alone to bask in her noisy conceptions.

The mind was such a treacherous place.

Though it was hers, it was challenging to gain control of and force it to stop thinking so much.

She hadn't told Hoseok about the spine-chilling interaction she had with the cashier, because in reality, he didn't do anything.

It was just the eerie gut feeling she got from him.

Rather than sitting around for two days, she went through the closet in her hallway, pulling out old weight sets that she had put away months ago.

Devora never would have thought there would be a moment in her life where she would stop working out, and stop working on herself.

She became so engrossed with life itself that she failed to remember just how much she relished working out, and how rejuvenating it feels to know she did something physical and accomplished something for the day.

Devora dedicated a few minutes after her hour-long workout to stretching and working on her breathing, sitting on her mat, and settling down after pushing herself.

As she took her next inhale, her phone buzzed, letting her know that she received a text.

It was from Hoseok.

Hobi
Dev! I just wanted to make sure we're
still having dinner at your place
tomorrow, right!!~

Devora felt her lips quickly rise into a mirth grin, colorful hints of bliss reaching her eyes, reading the message in his beaming adorable voice.

Although she was a bit disappointed that he wasn't able to show up, she couldn't stay bitter for long. Mostly because he was the only one who was truly looking after her.

Sure, she had Boseong and her family. But, Hoseok was the only one who had the true conception of the distress Devora was going through.

She sighed, close to responding to his message until she heard a knock on her front door.

Her muscles cramped together in anticipation, eyes frantically swarming in all directions in utter perplexity.

"Who the hell?" She whispered to herself, looking at the front door, and front windows.