66. shared mornings of bliss

066

066

Jungkook's delicately detailed wording truly allowed Devora to acquire her inner peace, and block her mind from the unruly reflections it was tethered to.

Her frightening paranoia gradually dissipated as the night went on, and the more their conversations remained, the heavier her eyelids felt, struggling to even keep them open at pivotal points of their discussions.

As soon as she placed her head over his broad and oddly comfortable shoulder, the swallowing exhaustion devoured her frail energy, causing her to spontaneously sleep.

Jungkook carried her to her bedroom, as carefully as possible — so as to not wake her — laying her depreciated body onto the mattress.

He unfolded the blanket that was in the corner of the bed, placing it over her for warmth and solace.

As promised, he slept in the living room.

Although Devora was practically imploring him to sleep beside her, Jungkook simply couldn't go against what she would want the morning after being dazed.

He wanted to give her space and the opportunity to sleep soundlessly without being mindful that he was lying beside her.

Her body instinctively woke her up around seven in the morning, urging her, believing it was a weekday for a moment.

Of course, reality struck her once she considered her thoughts and checked the date on her phone.

He sank in a puddle of relief. "Good, it's Saturday." Dropping the phone beside her, sitting up from the sheets that engulfed her body.

Devora rubbed her eyes, shoveling her fingers through her wild hair.

She completely disregarded the fact that Jungkook was still over her apartment — sleeping in the living room — as she walked towards the bathroom with a contorted bird's nest on her head.

Thankfully, she was able to freshen up in the restroom and save herself the chagrin since Jungkook seemed to be nowhere in sight.

It wasn't until she went over to her living room and saw a folded blanket on the corner of the couch, with a pillow on top of it.

'Where is he though?' Devora asked herself, observing that his car keys and wallet were on the small table beside the couch.

As if on cue, she felt arms swivel themselves above her waist, her body being drawn into the stern figure that stood behind her.

Warm lips peppered themselves over the side of her neck, the sound of kisses and her sudden chuckles interrupted the dense silence that was once shadowed over the room.

Devora turned over, meeting up with a beaming Jungkook.

"Good morning, do you feel better?" He questioned, his long fingers raking through her brushed hair.