65. closure

065

065

He put the water bottle down, closing the gap that stood between the both of them, embracing her winced figure with open arms of compassion and sympathy.

Devora continued to weep over his shoulder, keeping her hands above her face, catching her own tears that ran nonstop like a leaking faucet.

Jungkook kept the back of her head cupped into his hand, caressing her with his thumb, not letting go of her.

Devora raised her head, searching around the bathroom to find it.

"What? Did you see something while I was gone?" Jungkook's hands went under her elbows, observing her tense expression anxiously, needing an answer.

Her hands roamed his arms and neck, trying to really feel his body.

To comprehend and grasp the fact that Jungkook was actually there, and she wasn't hitting derealization.

He grabbed her hands. "Dev?"

She released a sigh, her chest tight. "S-something was here. But, it left."

His eyebrow raised, bewildered. "Wait, what do you mean? Did you see somebody at the window, or?"

"It's just all in my head... that's all." Devora wiped her under eyes with her fingertips. "It's a long story, I just get anxious sometimes."

He grabbed the water bottle from the counter, handing it to her. "You have anxiety?" His twinkling midnight eyes were strangled with concern, watching her with diligence.

Devora took sips of the room temperature water, controlling her breathing as she replenished her body from all the liquids she lost.

"I have anxiety, and some other issues I've dealt with after my cousin's passing." Her hands were still shaking, terrified that the shadow would be back.

Jungkook had experienced anxiety at times, too. However, it was never to the point where he was frightened that shadows would appear, shadows that were completely formulated by mere panic and distress.

"Do you take anything to prevent it?" He questioned.

She shook her head. "I was prescribed meds, but I don't like taking them, so my mom would give me natural remedies for it."

"Natural remedies like what?"

"Mostly herbal teas, diffusers, essential oils."

Jungkook held onto her hand, pressing his lips. "Do you have any teas right now?"

"Yeah, I always have some just in case."

Without another word, he gently pulled her into the hallway, directing the two of them to the kitchen.

Devora watched the back of his head, looking down at her feet to make sure she wasn't going to stumble over herself from the unexpected moving.

"Jungkook, I'm okay now, we don't have to-"