34. pinky promise

034

034

'You're something I find hard to resist.' His influential vigorous words rehearsed in her mind, that same gravelly tone of his playing back like a broken record, unable to jump to the next part.

Devora imagined his lips whisking against the sensitive areas of her jawline, flutter churning in her gut as if she was living through it, again.

It was difficult for her to sweep the feelings off when it was something so new to Devora, a distinct sensation curled in her chest that provoked her cheeks to boil the more she pictured his strikingly incited expression and actions.

There was a warm feeling hovering over her, understanding that it was a sentiment that only they kept secret.

Others could possibly know about their date night, but they'll never know the sensations and concepts that operated through her mind while she dissolved in his large careful hands.

That glow in his eyes that reminded her so much of the Milkyway, his eyes eddied under the dim lights of her living room as they held one another with such grace, and burgeoning desire.

"Dev?" A voice interjected her dreams.

"Dev? Hello! Earth to Devora?!" The friendly voice continued, fingers snapping in front of her face.

She shook her head, realizing that she had dozed off at work on her computer, fingers still pressing down on the keyboard spamming the letter J

"Oh!" Devora coughed. "I'm so sorry Hoseok, I didn't see you standing there." She removed her hands from the keyboard, placing them on her lap along with an awkward smile.

She kept her fingers crossed, in hopes he wouldn't question her strange behavior — however, that was almost impossible when he was such a considerate boss.

He leaned his arms over her desk, intently staring at the look in her eyes, glaring as he studied her face.

Devora felt her body blanch under his eyes like he had twenty-twenty vision and was examining her mind with the skills of his mind-reading capabilities, having the power to analyze her memories and watch them like a film.

"W-what is it you need-" She was abruptly cut off by his sudden statement.

"You. You and Jungkook!" His lips grew into an invigorating grin like the mounting sun at the crack of dawn.

"You guys are together, aren't you? Why else would you be spamming the letter J, and that daydreaming look on your face, too!" Hoseok clapped his hands together as if he had just solved the world's most undiscovered murder mystery.

Her eyebrows pushed, fiddling with her fingers like an arguing child. "No, no Jungk- Mr. Jeon and I are not together. We're friends, like everyone else here."

Devora nodded to herself to try and convince her own mind.

Well, it was true. They weren't together, however, their relationship wasn't like everyone else's in that office. Unless Jungkook went around treating the employees like how he does Devora.

"Oh, Mr. Jeon and you aren't together, huh?" He teasingly mocked her, "It's okay, you don't have to lie, I actually think that's great news for both you and Jungkookie. I knew there was something brewing between you and him!"

Devora knew Hoseok would never believe her if she said they weren't together. Though, he was right about one thing; there was something brewing between them. Nevertheless, it wasn't an official relationship, yet.

"Hoseok, we aren't in a relationship, I mean don't get me wrong we may have some sort of spark... but it's not official." She proved him to be partly correct. "Please don't tell anyone. Please, I don't want anyone else to know."

His perfect teeth bared radiantly at her response. "No, don't worry! Not a thing will come out of these lips, I pinky promise!" His fingers ran across said lips, zipping and locking them with a fake key that he threw behind his shoulder

Her tense shoulders dropped, hoping Hobi would stick to his word and keep it to himself.

"Oh! I need you to bring coffee for our meeting today, and one for yourself too, of course." He tapped the desk with his fingertips.

"They're coming today? I thought after the fashion show, they don't come as often as before?" She brought out a notebook to jot down any new orders from Hoseok.

"Well, no, they still come often. We are a team and I can't think correctly without their opinions, plus, I want to see the photos, we'll be looking through them today!"

Devora could see why Hoseok needed them to be there at times, they had known each other for eight years. It was almost an entire decade, considering that two years wasn't too far ahead.

Their outlook on things was phenomenal, especially Yoongi. He was always astute about everything, helping Hobi choose pieces that would most definitely make an impact and pictures that would give him positive attention.

Hoseok claimed it would take the guys about forty minutes to arrive, which meant that Devora would practically have no time and would most likely come late with lukewarm coffees for the men.

Hobi was a little inaccurate when it came to times, always having to be reminded about his meetings from Devora, and having a tendency to estimate times incorrectly when it came to guests' arrival.

Hobi was either ten minutes behind, or ten minutes ahead, there was never an in-between.

This basically means Devora always had to be early.

Especially with the coffee shop that Hobi always preferred her to go to, that specific coffee shop was notorious for being packed at every hour of the day.

'No point in staying here, if I wait any longer, I won't be here in time.' Devora pondered with a heavy sigh, getting her things ready to drive to the shop.

***

There were just a couple of things that were unusual about her trip to the coffee shop.

One, the shop was completely free of people, only about eight cars were ahead of her in the drive-thru.

Though that was pretty unexpected, there was one thing that absolutely bewildered Devora.

Hoseok's card declined while she tried to pay for the fifty-dollar drinks. It only paid for the first thirty dollars, before it was maxed out.

She was very confused, trying it at least three more times, perhaps there was a glitch? There was no way that Hoseok— J-Hope's card declined.

Maybe she was overreacting. He could have easily forgotten to deposit money.

He had been very preoccupied with the fashion show, which had captivated his attention for the past couple of weeks.

Hoseok could have simply forgotten all about the amount of cash in his cards, accidentally giving her one of the ones that didn't have money.

Still, Devora was incapable of shaking the peril that stabbed the center of her gut, the sense of danger stung her empty stomach.

Much like a finger that pricked against the rugged thorns of a crimson fiery rose, only this time, blood was substituted by a queasy feeling.

Not wanting to trouble Hoseok before his meeting, she took it upon herself to pay the rest of the money that was still leftover from the empty card.

'I really hope he just forgot.'

˚。⋆ ୨୧⋆。˚