35. a perfect match

035

035

Jungkook had a crowd of destructive butterflies in his stomach, it was like his first day of school all over again. Except for this time, he was being beaten with enthusiasm to ultimately have a justification to see Devora after a prolonged weekend.

He was drowned in painstaking reflections of their date all throughout his days.

Waking up with the impression of contentment that thrived in his chest, his desire being tangible, reminding himself that they were finally getting somewhere after the four and a half months of knowing each other.

Devora was like his own personal charger — giving him more of a reason to work with prudence. To dress as if he was about to walk the stage of a fashion show, wadding his act together.

His hands itched with the vestige of her gracious figure, how her bountiful hips and curves were once flawlessly in his grasp.

How his lips painted the piercing corners of her cheekbones and jaws similar to a paintbrush, her body being the significant portrait that coveted more intensity and shading.

His heart towered with momentum once he heard a knock at Hoseok's door.

Devora anticipated with two of those cardboard drink holders in both her hands, knocking with her elbow as she tried to balance the cup tray.

She was dithered on whether or not she would be telling Hoseok about his declined card, she kept asking herself if it was anything to worry about.

To a multi-millionaire, maybe even a billionaire like Jung Hoseok, a declining card might have been uncommon, would it not?

Devora had no idea how to answer that. She wasn't the multi-millionaire in that situation, sadly.

Hoseok was exuberant as always, his accentuated cheekbones greeted her through his iridescent tanned skin as soon as he opened the door for her.

"Dev! You're just in time." His eyebrows were raised in a suggestive manner, and that signature smile of his never vacillated.

She snorted, trying to overlook the true meaning of his statement. "Oh, great I thought I was late."

He opened the door wider for her to enter, and it just was like her first day on that job. Déjà vu struck her head, watching all the eyes on her as their discussions dwindled.

Jin got off his seat. "Devora! It's always so good to see you. Let me help you with those." His voice was bubbly, eyes exfoliated with reverence.

It was extraordinary to her. Ordinarily, when she dropped off the coffee, they never made a big deal about her arrival — already used to her walking in and out all of the time.

Perhaps it had to do with the fact that she walked the stage for Hoseok?

"Oh, thank you, Mr. Kim." Devora slightly bowed, handing him one of the trays in her hand.