Cнаpтёя TШѳ|✎

Aliyah

I sit up from the bed with beads of sweat dripping down my face. I look to my nightstand to see it's 3 am. I had another nightmare. They refuse to go away, and I don't know how to make them stop.

It's the same dream over and over, Him beating me with the belt or anything around him. I sigh and get out of the bed, going towards the bathroom. I splash cold water on my face, washing the leftover sleep and sweat off my face. I needed something else to think about or just something to occupy me.

I stare at myself in the mirror and I see someone else. It's a version of me that I never expected to see. I looked tired and worn out. My skin wasn't glowing as it used to but now just a dull brown. 

The more I stared at myself, the more I noticed that I changed. Tears prick my eyes and I wipe them away before they fall. I can't pity myself right now. I need to focus on helping Hakeem pay for his school tuition.

Leaving the bathroom, I dig in my closet for some clothes. I put on some shorts and a shirt. I walk out the door and double-check to make sure the door is locked. I walked towards the stairs just for the smell of weed to hit my nostrils.

I sighed and continued walking. The smell of it made me want a zoot. I told Hakeem, I would stop so I wouldn't get lung cancer, his words. I laugh to myself as I think about that dickhead.

I walked to the nearest park and sat down in a shady spot and watched the kids play. I kind of wanted kids but they say, the abused become the abuser. I would hate to end up like my father.

I laid down on the grass and watched as the clouds went by. I thought of the mystery man from yesterday.

He was tall and boi was he hot. If I was here to live a wonderful and careless life, I would definitely fuck him. His accent as well, I liked when he spoke Russian to me. I wanted to see him again, I wondered if he was going to be at the club today. Maybe I can get his name or something.

I wasn't in Atlanta to be daydreaming about sexy white men. I had to get this mission over and done with, so my life would sway like the wind. 

I stay a while longer listening to the things around me and letting my mind reach a sense of calm.

I see my apartment building insight and walk faster. I smile to myself more as I think about the guy. This is not like me. Is this how school girls feel when they think about their crush? I frown when I think about my high school life.

I'm fantasizing about a man that I barely know. I hit my head a few times with my hand, I'm so fuckin stupid. I unlock the door to my house and lock it back. Get it together bitch. 

I drag my feet to my room and plop down into the bed. I groan out in frustration. I won't think about the guy from yesterday. I need to stay focused and remember the real reason why I am doing this.

I take off my shoes using my feet and just lay in the bed trying to make my mind think of something besides Hakeem and the man.

***

I grab my phone from the nightstand and turn off my alarm. I put my head back down on the pillow cuddling into the blanket more.

I didn't wanna get out of bed, it was so comfortable. I forced myself out of the bed and stretched a bit. Relaxing my muscles and bones, I got to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

I changed into some biker shorts and a plain shirt. It was around 6 pm so I had plenty of time to do things before going to the club. I put on my shoes and get my headphones.

I head to the nearest park to do some exercises, plus I needed to keep a good body if I was going to wear revealing clothing all the time.

***

I walk into the club and head straight to the office where I first went to. I knocked but nobody answered, I knocked again and nothing. I stood around awkwardly not sure what to do.

"The boss is out doing something, How can I help," says a voice behind me.

 I turn around to see a woman. She was really pretty. She had Hazelnut brown skin, plump lips, perfect arched eyebrows. Shit, I was kind of jealous. 

"Oh you're Aliyah, I guess you're the newbie," She states amused.

 "I'm Sasha, also Vixen," She says.

She smiles and nudges her head towards me, telling me to follow her. I trail behind her and try not to bump into anyone. I wonder if he's here. I mentally scowl at myself for even thinking about him.

We enter a room where it's full of vanity dressers and lockers in the far back. 

"This is where we get ready and leave our stuff." She says pointing to lockers and the dressers. 

"Locker 06 is yours and try not to get on some of these girls' bad side, They are bitches," She laughs, flopping down on the couch on the other side of the room.

I tried to smile but I just stood there and listened. 

"Put your stuff away and I will help you. This is your first time working in a place right?" 

"Yeah, sorry about that." I scramble out my mouth and head over to my locker putting my bag away.

She laughs at me and gets up to put her arm around me.

 "I got you, darling," She chirped, pinching my cheek a little. I gave her a small smile.

It doesn't seem so bad being here after all.