Chapter III: Attraction

It has been a couple of days after I had my breakdown and I've been making sure to work through my thoughts whenever that nigga came to my mind with my daughter in a garbage bag. Many of the women I share the pod with wondered what I had going on but I only told TT what happened. 

Her and Officer Freeman only knows what I was going through and they both understood me. I worked out more and made sure to take care of my hygiene. "Time to work," I huff getting up as I see Officer Freeman and Officer Partee waiting at the door. 

I went ahead and put my hand to the wall and let them pat me down while one of them called for that D chick. They pat her and cuffed her wrists behind her while Officer Partee cuffed my wrists ahead of me.

"So y'all just sucking this nigga dick, huh?" She ask while I kept quiet and followed them to the closet. I signed my name and waited for D slow ass to grab the other broom. "Why you all quiet, Q?" She ask only for me to look at her and chuckle. "I'm not trying to stay here no more than eight years max," I voiced then went towards the same room that I cleaned the first time. 

I turned towards the officers in confusion. "During the weekend, it's like a factory so it's get pretty dirty," Freeman answered for me making me nod and get to work. 

D complained the whole time, making me get frustrated. "Really wish I had some music," I mumble as the officers talk to each other. If I was alone, they would just tell me to meet one of them in their office. I always went to Freeman fine ass.

After finishing my side, I went to them and shown them my clean side. "How you do that so fast?" Officer Partee ask with a impressed look. "He was raising one of them ghetto kids and learned how to clean up after them," I heard making me freeze and grip the broom.

"What you say about my daughter?" I ask closing my eyes trying not to lose my shit. She let out a laugh then cleared her throat. "I was joking, bruh," she voiced as I turned around and saw her hands being lifted. 

"You think joking about my dead daughter is a joke? Now if I say something about your dead pops, I would be disrespecting, right?" I rhetorically ask with a low chuckle. She glared at me then nodded her head. "You're asking for a death wish, Q," she said only for me to laugh.

I gave one of the officers the broom then folded my arms. "You think I fear death? Nigga, I created death with my bare hands," I snapped then heard handcuffs rattling. I put my arms behind my back in case they're going to cuff a nigga. 

She was looking scared now but all I could do was smile and nod my head. "Don't look scared now. Go ahead and get your little crew to jump me when I'm vulnerable. That's what you good for, ain't it?" I ask then felt taps on my face. 

"I don't need a weapon to kill, bruh," I laugh as cuffs were being placed around my wrists. My jaw was gripped by none other than Officer Freeman. "Cool. It. Let him go, Ash," she said and the cuffs was off of me. 

I was given the mop and water, making me nod and get back to work. I began grumbling about how I killed him, making sure D heard me so she know that I don't give a damn if I die or stay alive. I know that I'm damn sure going to defend myself, though.

After finishing my side, I went up to the officers and held my wrists in front of me. Officer Partee always look at me confused when I willingly just hold my wrists up and comply. "I told you, Officer Partee. I'm just here to do my sentence," I mumble then let Freeman take me to her office.

She closed the door which it automatically locks when she closed it. "Are you okay? I'm glad you didn't completely lose it," she smile and went behind her desk to write on some papers with my picture on it. "I'm trying, for real. Even though I don't have my baby girl with me, maybe one day I will find the right woman and start all over. But this criminal record will follow me for the rest of my life so I doubt I will find that woman again," I laugh sarcastically.

"Again?"

I sat back and placed my hands on her desk. "My deceased fiancé. I accepted her death since her sacrifice was my daughter. I wish I could have had them both but life is giving me too many lime instead of lemons," I chuckle then saw her smile and tilt her head.

She held my hand, making me instantly relax to her smooth hand. She moved her hand from me then stood in front of me. "Maybe life did give you a lemon. You just missed it because you was only focused on those lime. Besides, limes go good with a daiquiri and margarita," she giggle taking a cuff off of my wrist.

Her perfume surrounded me, making me lean in and sigh. "You done?" She ask making me look up and see her eyes meet mine. "That was creepy, wasn't it?" I ask licking my lips. "Just a little," she snickered then ran her fingers through my hair.

I look to her gun and mace, shaking my head. "Right," she giggle taking it off then locked it in her drawer. 

She came back in front of me then wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. "You need a hug," she mumble making me stand and lift her up to her toes since her grip didn't falter. 

"I do need a hug. I think these on a daily will calm me down," I smirk then gripped her waist. She leaned back then leaned closed to my face. "You sure you want to do that? You're messing with a criminal," I mumble leaning down and licked my lips. 

She let out a sigh then pulled away. "You're not an criminal, Quinton," she frowned then folded her arms. "I mean, Mr. Frost," she breathe looking flustered as ever. "Society and the jobs I'ma try to look for will say different," I mumble only for her to run her hand under my shirt and lean close to my ear. 

Her alarm went off, letting us both know that it's time for break. "We will talk during your management class."