Chapter XXII: Five Years Later

I really hope Tiffany don't be mad about this. "Congratulations, Mr. Frost. You're officially a free man. I'm surprise your wife is not here. I heard the honeymoon was perfect," Officer Jones congratulate as they took the ankle monitor off of me. 

"It was," I reply then shook his hand while also thanking the judge. I left three hours early before lunch to get all of this done and it looks like I have enough time to make it back for the meeting. "Thank you so much. I can finally attend my son and daughter's school activities," I smile then bid my farewell. 

With me being the owner of the company after my former boss, may he rest in peace, died from his sickness. I now make enough money to have the kids go to a private school and save up for their college education. Tiffany don't need to work anymore but she said and I quote 'what's the point of being an housewife when we taught the kids how to clean up after themselves'. 

She clearly didn't understand everything else that comes with being an 'housewife' but if my woman don't want to be cooped up in the house all day then she don't have to be. 

Ashly and Cory are now engaged and toxic, like always. "Welcome back, Mr. Frost. Your meeting starts in ten minutes," the receptionist voiced which made me smile and thank her. 

I quickly went to the elevator and let out a sigh. I'm finally a free man. "Free man," I snickered knowing my wife's former last name has always and will always be iconic. 

The doors to the elevator opened, allowing me to step off and make my way to the meeting room. "Good morning, everyone. I hope you all are having a good day so far," I greeted placing my backpack on the floor beside me. 

"Morning, Mr. Frost. Shall we begin the meeting?" I hear as I pull out all of my notes and my laptop. "Yes, of course. I would like to know your proposition that will make the company improve in sells and what is new with the coding update," I said leaning back and turn my focus to the people in the room.

The meeting was going like planned and the speaker was giving good pros and I'm glad that he was honest on certain cons about this update. "Daddy!" I hear and I know that cute voice from anywhere.

My head lifted up and I saw my wife holding the kids in both of her arms. Even though they were there, I know I left the office unlocked for them so I went back to paying attention to the meeting. "Well, Mr. Colston. I'm very interested and I would like to look more into it. Anyone have any questions?" I ask as he smile happily and nod his head while passing out vanilla folders. 

"No? Great! I will schedule another meeting depending on my decision on this big movement," I said standing up and shook a couple of people hands. 

I left the meeting room with my notes and laptop in hand and my backpack on my shoulder. "Daddy!" I hear again as I opened the door to my office and was warmly greeted by my son and daughter, along with my gorgeous wife.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. "Long day?" I ask earning a small sigh from her. "Let's talk over lunch. You peanuts hungry?" I ask going in and place my stuff down. 

"Dad, guess what?" Killian chirped while Kamiya use my arm as a monkey bar. "Oh, no," Kamiya sigh then rolled her eyes. 

Such a Tiffany.

Speaking of Tiffany, she grabbed my hand and picked up Killian. "Baby boy, you can show daddy your flips when he gets off work," she giggle as I carry Kamiya to the elevator. 

We got on the elevator and I immediately pressed the lobby button which caused Tiffany to look at me confused. "Dad, I learned how to write my ABC's," Kamiya hum which made me look at her and peck her cheek.