Chapter XV: New Chapter

I took a deep breath after getting off the phone with Officer Jones. I entered the building and went to the top floor. Officer Jones offered me this job since they already had interest in me from working with the last company.

I tried contacting them but they immediately rejected me so now I'm at their competitors company. I don't know what position their offering but anything but a janitor would be acceptable! 

"Mr. Frost?" I hear, making me look up and see a very older man in a tight suit. I walked up to him then shook his head. "You're Mr. Hinges, wow. You've own this place for thirty two and a half years," I smile as he look at me with wide eyes.

He proudly shook my hand then motioned me into his office. "Well, I didn't get to ask you anything yet and you already have impressed me," he chuckle then rubbed his chin. "I see that you've worked on coding before your- um. Daughter's murder. Sorry," he coughed nervously while I perched my lips and nod.

"It's fine. I've grieved then accepted what happened to my daughter. I did do immersive coding along with other protection system coding," I informed him as he turned his monitor towards me. 

I saw a graph of his company and the other companies sales. "Every since you left, their sales has been going down. I believe you're what made them go up. If you can make the company pass them, I will gladly make you co-CEO," he said making my eyes widen.

"Wow, really? I will work my hardest. I would need certain information and an account to set everything up and see what's been holding you down," I smile as he let out a laugh and clasped his hands.

He shook my hand proudly then motioned for me to follow him. "You will be payed an salary of a thousand and fifty every two weeks-" he said and I began choking on the air I needed to breathe. "Seriously?" I mumble watching him stop and turn around. 

"Yes, I can up the pay if the other company is offering to pay more," he rushed only for me to shake my head. "They declined my offer but once they see how I will make your sales rise, they will be begging me to come back," I chuckle then felt his arm wrap around my shoulder. 

He let out a chuckle then walked me to a large office. "They just lost good quality. This will be your office. We can set you up for everything today then have you start working tomorrow. That's after you look through the contract and everything," he informed me which caused me to nod and shake his hand again.

We went back to his office and he pulled out the contract. I took a good ten minutes to read through everything before I nod and went to sign my name. "You don't mind if I have a copy of it, do you?" I ask and he quickly pointed to his printer. 

My name was perfectly signed on the contract and he quickly made a copy. "I was very desperate for someone like you, Mr. Frost. Just for accepting this job, I will be sending an early pay once we set everything up. Thank you so much," he sigh while shaking my hand again. 

"No problem. It's a pleasure to be working for you," I smile then went to my office and easily set up everything for the company and my bank account. "All done. I will be seeing you tomorrow, Mr. Frost. Here is a key to your office. Thank you once again," he said shaking my hand.

I left from the building with the most happiest smile on my face. I texted my parole officer and asked him about going to the store. It's literally violating my parole but him and the judge don't care since my behavior through everything was A-One.

I got into my old car that I was surprised to be still in my name and drove to the store. I got everything I needed for dinner tonight/date. 

She's going to be so proud of me.