Officer Freeman

My head snapped up to Dr. Quinn after he answered my question. "Repeat that?" I ask hoping my ears are not playing a trick on me. "She can come visit today. I'm giving you five minutes to call and make sure she knows everything about room visitations," he said making me do a small dance in my seat. 

It's the weekend so I know she's off work and probably binge watching a favorite show of hers. I quickly thanked him then dashed to the room. I never dialed her number so fast. It rung a few times then she answered. 

"Hey, you called early. I'm actually on my way to see you," she said turning down the music. "Cool, guess what!" I said excitedly which caused her to let out a cute chuckle. "What, baby?" She ask all cool and calm. 

I took a deep breath and remember everything that I thought about and heard from my doctor. "Okay, last night when we got off the phone, I was thinking about you and everything and ended up you know in the shower: then I actually took a shower and you was still on my mind like usual and I thought about having you in my room, well really I was thinking about who the hell can re-twist my locs but you came back to mind; not the point: then today I ask my doctor if you could come to my room and he said yes and I only have five minutes to tell you about the rules and all that when doing room visitations," I said all in one breath.

She was silent for a minute, trying to gather all the information I just gave her. "So what I'm getting is that I can come to your room?" She said earning a fast nod. "Is the doctor near? I would like to speak to him right quick," she said while I lean back and call out Dr. Quinn.

He came in and I gave him the phone. He look at me confused then grabbed the phone. I stood there and bit my nails while he talk on the phone with her. "Yes, Ms. Freeman. As long as it's unopened and we can check it," he said while I look at him confused. 

She's bringing something?

"No problem, Ms." He chirped then stood up and handed me the phone. "Hey, baby," I smile as I hear her close her door. She's here already? "Hey, baby. I'm stopping by the store right quick. You washed your hair already?" She ask earning a hum. "Alright, I'll be there in a good ten to fifteen minutes. I love you," she said then let out a squeak. "Alright, baby. I love you too," I sigh then hung up.

A low chuckle made me turn around and see Quincy leaning against the door frame. "Whipped," he teased as I got up and walked passed him with a pep in my step. "What's up, playa? You seem happy," he smirk following me to my room. 

He never came in my room which I found very respectful and I believe its a rule within the facility. "My girl coming. To my room," I smirk as his eyes widen. "They allow that?" He ask and I nodded my head. "I asked Dr. Quinn," I smile straightening up my bed and clothes then took a seat in the chair that's at my desk. 

Her appropriate pictures is on display that's around my daughter's picture. "Lucky son of a bitch," he chuckle while I nod and followed him to the lounge area. "So what you two going to do?" He ask only for me to shrug and prop my feet up.

"I don't know. I really just want to chill with her," I mumble while he wiggle his eyebrows. "None of that, bro. I be missing her fine ass and she know it," I chuckle then heard my name being called.

They finally assigned me medicine which really don't do shit but I take it to make them happy, I guess. I exited the lounge area as someone came in talking about some fine nurse probably. I look towards the stand where we get medicine only to see its closed. 

"You called me?" I ask then felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey, Frosty," I hear that familiar voice which made me turn around and smile. "Hey, baby. What's all that?" I ask seeing jars in her hand. "Oh, I didn't know which one you use so," she trailed off as I look at the loc gel.