Chapter XVI: Joshua

Me and Tiffany were pettily eating the delicious cake while watching Netflix. Why haven't Tiffany kicked him out of her house? I do not know. I hope she's not scared of him because I will always protect her. 

"You're staring," she whisper then got up and took our trash to the kitchen. "P-E-T-T-Y," Ashly hum only for me to smile and lean my head back. Tiffany came into my line of vision, making me smile and scrunch my nose.

She pressed her lips to my forehead and let out a small giggle. "Hey, Frosty," I hear her faintly mumble. "Hey, Ms. Freeman," I reply as she moved away and hopped over the couch. I made sure she didn't expose any of her goods while glaring at her. 

Her eyes met mine with a guilty smile. "Go put on some bottoms, shawty," I mumble in her ear slowly. She bit her lip then physically shivered. "Why did you do that?" She whisper only for me to lean back and glance to the hall so she can go change.

"Fine," she huff. She got up and tried to stomp only for my eyes to fall to her ass and smile. "Cute ass," I chuckle shaking my head and remembered about the company I will be working for. 

I hopped up and went to her room. "Hey, baby? Can I see your laptop right quick?" I ask seeing her put on some shorts with a shirt on instead of my hoodie. "Yeah, it's on my side," she hum brushing her hair up. 

I grabbed her laptop then watched her do her hair. "You're watching me," she hum. Her eyes met mine through the mirror as I rub the back of my neck nervously. "I was just seeing something. I'll be in the livingroom," I mumble going up to her and place a soft kiss on her nape. 

The way her body always fit perfectly with mine just makes me crave to always be there for her. I left her at her dresser then went in the livingroom and opened her laptop. "Babe, what's your password?" I ask.

"My mom and dad's birthday!" She shout allowing me to easily put it in then start logging into the company's website. "It's- you remembered?" She ask smiling softly. 

I turned my head towards her then hum. "Yeah, they have the same birthday but different year," I mumble feeling the screen irritating my eyes already. "You okay?" She mumble running her fingers through my locks. 

"Can you remind me to order computer glasses?" I ask moving around so I can lean on her. "What kind?" She ask untwisting some of my locs. She held her phone in front of me, allowing me to type it in for her. 

A small gasp left her lips as she suddenly grip my jaw and tilted my head back. "Yup, these are perfect," she mumble then let me get back to work. "Send it to me so I can buy them," I mumble then heard her mumble, "oops". 

I slowly look at her then squint my eyes. "Did you buy-" I started only for someone to clear their throat. I honestly forgot they was still here until Joshua made himself known while rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't you suppose to be at work?" I ask raising an eyebrow. 

"At least I have a job," he mumbled only for me to let out a chuckle. "I do have a job and get paid over a thousand every two weeks, delivery boy," I snap while Ashly choked on the leftovers from the food I made earlier.

Tiffany snickered then continued to untwist my hair. I went back to seeing the issue they had with the company and see that they don't have a strong security system built. Many scammers has hacked into their company, preventing them from actually making any progress. "Tiff, can we talk?" He ask standing up.

I sat up in case she decided to talk to him. "Talk," she mumble pulling me back on her. She paused the movie which earned a complaint from Cory. "Privately?" He ask. 

"No." She deadpanned. I made a little note on my phone on what needed to be done tomorrow. "Look, I know I said some things and Ashly made you break up with me. I know you didn't mean it," he said only for Ashly to open her mouth but Cory stuffed a garlic knot in her mouth.